Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, I am trying to set up routing to the RMX ISDN GW via the CMA, I have tried two methods and have been unsuccessful in both. 

Method 1: Using a dial rule to substitute 9 with the GW prefix followed by *

i.e. 9 = 552000*ISDN number

This is method works fine if you use the actual prefix* string, but when I try to use a dial rule, the call is passed to the RMX OK, but then it goes mental and opens multiple Gateway sessions and fills up the RMX ports, see attached screen shot...

Method 2: Using Simplified dialling. I have followed the guide in the lin below to the letter and I can get the following error in the GK log....

http://community.polycom.com/polycom/attachments/polycom/Management-Security-and-Rich-Media/159/1/Ho...

**Error**: Can't Get EndPoint list for service '9' : ERROR (C0800253) 'Invalid dial string.'
**Error**: Could not resolve address
**Error**: ARJ sent.

I have no access to the system until next week, so I have not logged this with Polycom Support, because I cannot at this stage provide logs etc. I am just hoping somebody here has had the same issue and managed resolve it.

Thanks

Andy

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Andy,

If you are experiencing problems, you can try the following:

1. Make a H.323 call using the following dial string: [service prefix of the IP card in the RMX] [gateway service prefix] * [ISDN number]

For our example, this would be: 20603131*7702380064

2060 = RMX IP network service prefix

3131 = Gateway service prefix

7702380064 = ISDN number to dial

1. Verifying the gateway call functions correctly without a gatekeeper would be:

[RMX Signaling IP Address]  ##  [gateway prefix] * [ISDN number]

For this example: 10.224.2.62##3131*7702380064

10.224.2.62 = RMX Signaling IP Address

3131 = Gateway service prefix

7702380064 = ISDN number to dial

The above will confirm if the RMX/CMA is configured correctly. If this works with any issues, then we can focus on the 9 service which is used for simplified dialing. We need to make sure it is enabled. If this is what you want, make sure this 9 service does conflict with your 9 dial rule you made earlier. I like this method better because you are not locked into having multiple prefixes for different call speeds and having to remember each one.

S.

HP Recommended

HI, thanks for the reply.

I have successfully connected using the prefix* method as you have specified, this works fine, it's just the simplfied dialling and/or dial rule using 9 which doesn't work.

Thanks

Andy

HP Recommended

Good - then a majority of the battle is already won. I wold confirm the service 9 is enabled which is all you have access to change.

Then, you should be dialing 9[isdn/pstn number], like 97705551212. One key point is that you don't specify another dial rule or gateway prefix. So it is up to the endpoint to specify the speed or line rate to use which in turn determines which gateway prefix to use assuming you have multiple ones depending on the line rate. For this to happen, when you are calling from an IP HDX, make sure you pick the line rate and not set to it to Auto.

S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.