Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

CMA5000 enterprise directory intgration fail as i put all required information service user and machine account as i update invalid user and password msg pop up.

but as i update it with only service user update successful.

we reset the

active directory Administrator reset the passowrd but still problem not resolved.

under user tab i have searching active directory it is showing. not able to login CMAD client

any suggestion plz.

Ramesh

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

In order to configure the "Allow delegated authentication to enterprise directory server" you need to prestage a computer account in Active Directory for the CMA server. Once that is done you need to set the password for that account by opening a command prompt or power shelll window on the AD server and enter the command "net user <computer name>$ <password>" (no quotes) where <computer name is the name of the computer account you created for the CMA and <password> is the password you want to use.

Once that is done then on the CMA makd sure the Fully Qualified Domain Name for the Ad server is correct and enter the computer infomation you created above.

For example, let's say your domain is abc.com and your AD server is named dc. The FQDN would be dc.abc.com

Now lets say you created a computer account in AD for the CMA name cma5000 and want its password to be the word PASSWORD.

The net user command would be - net user cma5000$ PASSWORD

On the CMA you would select Fully Qualified Domain Name and put dc.abc.com in the field.

In the Domain\Computer name field you would put abc\cma5000 and put PASSWORD in the Password field.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.