Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dears,

In the documentation of CSS I can find the below statement :

CSS doesn’t support point-to-point calls between Lync and other endpoints, or content sharing between enterprises.

Content sharing between enterprises => What do I need to understand ?

• Is it only based on Lync federation ? A federated Lync contact will not be able to see the content ?
  • If I'm sharing content with my Lync client in a meeting hosted on my RMX, will an external Polycom/Cisco participant see the content without going through the css webpage?

Thank you,

Michaël

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Absolutely - the only difficult scenario would be if you wanted to give federated partners access to content using the lync CSS plugin.

But any video device capable of connecting to the VMR can send/receive content to/from Lync clients.

S.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Mike,

The CSS plugin will use the user's account to log into the CSS server. Lync users who are federated with your company will probably will not have an AD user account from your domain. So there is no way to run the plugin from their Lync clients as the plugin will not be able to authenicate against a user accoutn in your domain.

Because of this limitation, eng has created the web client (plugin using the web browser). This means your federated users can use a web browser to see the content. I have a VVX screen which is very small, and it sucks for content. I use the web client all the time, and it works great. There are some security concerns which we are looking to see how to address, but overall it is pretty decent.

CSS doesn't support P2P calls because the CSS plugin is looking for the matcing URI needed to route the call to the DMA/RMX. You would not use this matching URI in a P2P. Besides it does not really make sense to use the plugin in a P2P call anyway because the content is all native between the Lync clients. The CSS application provides content sharing between Lync and H323 devices bi-directionally.

S.

HP Recommended

Hi Simons,

Thank you for your reply but I have still one concern:

• Are external video endpoints - Polycom or Cisco - from other companies able to see the content of CSS shared by a Lync client if they are joining a conference hosted on the RMX through the RPAD ? Without the need of the webbrowser ?

Regards,

Michaël

HP Recommended

Absolutely - the only difficult scenario would be if you wanted to give federated partners access to content using the lync CSS plugin.

But any video device capable of connecting to the VMR can send/receive content to/from Lync clients.

S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.