Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Can I use a public address as my signalling host IP address on RMX 1800?

Dapsyn
Occasional Visitor

Can I use a public address as my signalling host IP address on RMX 1800?

Please can I use a public IP address as my Signalling Host IP address on my RMX 1800?

OR

Is a private IP address preferable? And if YES, do I need to do port forwarding and which ports are my going to forward?

Many THANKS

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Mike_v
Honored Contributor

Re: Can I use a public address as my signalling host IP address on RMX 1800?

Of course you can use a public IP address as well as a private one. The choice depends of many things like numbers of 'internal' and 'external' users, network topology, used firewall equipment etc. Please keep in mind that RMX 1800 also support the Network Separation option allowing to use public and private signaling addresses simultaneously. Take a look at RMX 1800 Admin's Guide for more details. The list of used ports can be found in the Release Notes.

By my mind a right way could be asking your Polycom reseller for implementation service 

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld
Message 2 of 2