Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi! 

We have Real Presensce Collaboration Server 1800 with software 8.8.1.2630 installed. Now i want to upgade server to 8.9.0 release and there is one problem. I downloaded file RPCS1800_RMX_8.9.0.2695.bin, extracted it to C:\ folder. From RMX Manager i choose option Administration - Software download. Then i choose downloaded .bin file and press Install button. After 1 or 2 minutes of file uploading when progress bar get 100% i got error: "Installation of MCU version failed". I was trying to reboot server but this is not help me. How to upgrade my server? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

we got this working and the problem is solved.

The upgrade fails as there is not enough disk space inside RPCS1800's file system. This issue will probably be fixed in 8.8.1.6 version.

You should create a service request to Poly and ask for a remote session of a Poly support administrator, as the RMX needs to be logged in with ssh as a admin and root users and then it is possible to delete previous fallback version inside the RMX to create some space for the new upgrade file.

When there is enough space the upgrade will be transferred successfully and upgrade goes through with no problems.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I guess that the problem is with free disk space on server but poly doesnt give us any instruments to check it. How to upgrade server? 

HP Recommended

Hello @msky ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

If this is urgent please contact Poly support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This is not urgent. 

I tried to rollback software version and now i can't even install software version 8.8.1.2630.

"best hardware ever"

HP Recommended

Hello,

we have the same issue on several RPCS1830.

We are trying to upgrade from 8.8.1.2630 step after step upwards (8.8.1.2761 to 8.8.1.2852 to 8.8.1.2950 to the newest at the moment 8.8.1.3015).

Some of our RMXs upgraded ok, but some say exactly the same error message than in this thread. Upgrade failed and that's it. After rebooting the bridge it is working again with the old 8.8.1.2630 version.

Very frustrating why some bridges upgrade ok and some not. They are all configured the same way.

Any advice?

HP Recommended

Hello,

we got this working and the problem is solved.

The upgrade fails as there is not enough disk space inside RPCS1800's file system. This issue will probably be fixed in 8.8.1.6 version.

You should create a service request to Poly and ask for a remote session of a Poly support administrator, as the RMX needs to be logged in with ssh as a admin and root users and then it is possible to delete previous fallback version inside the RMX to create some space for the new upgrade file.

When there is enough space the upgrade will be transferred successfully and upgrade goes through with no problems.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.