Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

If I have 16 concurrent meeting licenses and 31 concurrente Audio/P2P licenses for Clariti:

- Is it enough with a DMA in Rack Server 230 to cover the total concurrent calls that can be achieved with this licensing?
- Without active VMRs and with this licensing, how many point-to-point calls could be made simultaneously in total?
- Would calls to a Media Suite VRR or cascades between RPCS for Clariti consume licenses?

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

I cannot find the hardware specs of the current rack server 230, but I've attached the min/max VMware requirements of all RP Clariti VE components.

With the min VE deployment the DMA supports 200, with the max deployment 5000 concurrent calls per instance.

But the bottleneck is not the DMA, it is the collaboration server. Do you also have the RPCS 1830 or RMX2000/4000 appliance?

For infrastructure I recommend to consult your RP Clariti certified Polycom partner for providing you the right solution design instead of the community.

BR

Chris

HP Recommended

Thanks

I have 5 RPCS1800.

I put this case as an exercise. Whenever for me the answers to the questions would be: -NO, -47, -YES.

But for a Clariti certified partner, the answers are: -YES, -431, -YES

Hardware specs in: http://connect.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom/common/documents/data-sheets/realpresence-infrastruct...

But I would use the DMA as appliance, not as Virtual Edition: https://support.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom-support/products/uc-infrastructure-support/managemen...

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hi chiquillo1979,

according to page 15 of the DMA 10.0.0.1 release notes (your second link) the R230 supports deployments with 200 or fewer licensed concurrent calls.

Appliance Edition

This version of the RealPresence DMA system, Appliance Edition, can be installed on the following Polycom servers:

Polycom Rack Server 620 (R620)

Polycom Rack Server 630 (R630)

Polycom Rack Server 640 (R640)

Polycom Rack Server 220 (R220)deployments with 200 or fewer licensed concurrent calls

Polycom Rack Server 230 (R230)deployments with 200 or fewer licensed concurrent calls

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.