Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I have 2 RMX1500 with both ISDN. If I call a Cisco/Codian MCU via ISDN on the RMX, then I am not able to send DTMF using any device to the MCU participant, nor using the String Extender to push DTMF once the MCU is connected.

Can someone please assist on how to resolve DTMF issues on an RMX1500.

Regards,

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello SpattieBall,

it helps if you post the current RMX Software Version so yourself or others can check the latest Software Release notes to verify if this is a known issue.

Has this ever worked before and has Cisco been contacted to check on their end?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The Software is currently on 7.8.0 and there is no indication from Cisco Side that this should be a problem.

I am however able to send DTMF codes when Dialing straight from an HDX unit over ISDN, but utilizing an RMX as an ISDN Gateway I am not able to send DTMF codes, even trying to use the Dial String when connecting the ISDN number manually in the RMX Meeting Room.

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hi,

This is NOT a Cisco problem and is easy to fix

Step 1: On the RMX click on the “Setup” menu on top.

Step 2: Select “System Configuration”

Step 3: Click on “New Flag”

Step 4: Next to new flag add “ALWAYS_FORWARD_DTMF_IN_GW_SESSION_TO_ISDN”

Step 5: Next to Value add “ YES”

Step 6: Click OK

Step 7: Reboot RMX

This will solve your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi All,

My RMX Version 8.1.7.35 and I have 2 of them.

One sits in Region X and other in Region Y.

Region X can forward DTMF through ISDN calls no problem.

Region Y RMX configuration is exactly the same but I cannot forward DTMF through ISDN.

I have added the Flag as indicated below but still with no luck.

Please can any one assist me?

Thanks,

@Burt_Kloppers wrote:

Hi,

This is NOT a Cisco problem and is easy to fix

Step 1: On the RMX click on the “Setup” menu on top.

Step 2: Select “System Configuration”

Step 3: Click on “New Flag”

Step 4: Next to new flag add “ALWAYS_FORWARD_DTMF_IN_GW_SESSION_TO_ISDN”

Step 5: Next to Value add “ YES”

Step 6: Click OK

Step 7: Reboot RMX

This will solve your problem.

HP Recommended

Can anyone confirm what the fix for this issue was?

HP Recommended

Hi there,

To fix the issue I had to do the following:

Add two system flags with the fields:

"GAIN_AUDIO_FOR_DTMF_FORWARDING" = 8

"ALWAYS_FORWARD_DTMF_IN_GW_SESSION_TO_ISDN" = YES

This solved the issue and I can now transmit DTMF via the HDX/Group series to the RMX Gateway call and to the Cisco MCU .etc

I noticed you need to do both of these settings, otherwise it does not work.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The same flags solved the same problem on a 8.4.1 RMX release.

Many thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.