Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a site that when people join a conference from a Cisco VC system, they aren't able to send any DTMF tones, and because of that unable to join the conference.

I have been told to change User Input Indication (H.245 Signal) for H.323 calls, because this is what Cisco supports

But is it possible to change DTMF signaling method? And can this be changed to H.245 without affecting other systems like logging in from Polycom HDX of CMA desktop clients?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Pedro,

As a workaround you can instruct Cisco users to compose the dial string with conf ID and password separated by ## delimiter as described in RMX Getting Starting Guide -> Connecting to a Conference.

HP Recommended

in which standard you trying to pass a DTMF H.323 or H.320??

HP Recommended

its a disadvantage of polycom not to pass a DTMF from cisco

HP Recommended

Hi All!

We have a Cisco Infrustructure. And we can't dial DTMF tones at Polycom RMX.

As I see Cisco IP phones supports only out of band DTMF tones, but RMX configured to support only in-band DTMF.

Can I pass to the RMX the conference ID and password in dial string?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.