Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

My company owns a POLYCOM RMX2000. Its firmware version was 7.0.1.16 and we decided to upgrade it to the latest version (7.7.0.158).

While we were uploading the new .bin file to the RMX through the web interface, our network went down, cutting the link between the workstation and the RMX.

Once the network was fixed and available again, the connection to the RMX on its management interface (the web interface) was impossible.

We tried to reboot the RMX, but that was not a solution. I pinged both the web and the shelf management interfaces and only the shelf interface was responding.
Now the three LEDs ERR, RDY and ACT are flashing alternatively.

We guessed that the OS was damaged and decided to reset the main RMX card (RTM IP) by following the “RMX Card Software Recovery Procedure” from the Polycom RMX 2000/4000 Support Tools Guide.

Now the system does not boot anymore at all (we can see that the system is looking for the image when we are connected on the serial port), and the blue LED ‘HS’ is always ON.

Is there a way to recover the program on the flash memory ?
Does anyone has already encounter such a problem ?

Thanks in advance for all your ideas !

Matthieu

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi there...

from the polycom manual (which can be found here😞

Note: On all cards, if during the startup phase the blue HS LED remains lit, please make sure that
the card is properly seated in the slot. A lit HS LED indicates that the card is in a powered down
mode. If this problem persists, contact your next level of support.

>> have you closes the closed the ejector levers ??

HP Recommended

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for your answer.

In fact, my blue "HS" led is flashing slowly and according to the documentation you pointed at, that would mean this :

Flashes - Shut down process initiated by lightly pulling the CPUejector levers. This LED flashes in synchronization with the CNTL’s card’s HS LED.

But I checked all the cards, and it seems that they are well plugged. (I noticed the 3 positons of the ejector lever, and I'm pretty much sure that they are lock.)

Besides, here is what i get when I plug a serial cable on the RMX :

Speed: 10, half duplex
Using MOTO ENET1 device
File transfer via NFS from server 169.254.128.10; our IP address is 169.254.128.16; sending through gateway 169.254.128.1
Filename '/opt/emb/mcms_share/bin/SwitchLinuxSystem1.img'.
Load address: 0x1000000
Loading: *
ARP Retry count exceeded; starting again
Using MOTO ENET0 device
File transfer via NFS from server 169.254.128.10; our IP address is 169.254.128.16; sending through gateway 169.254.128.1
Filename '/opt/emb/mcms_share/bin/SwitchLinuxSystem1.img'.
Load address: 0x1000000
Loading: *
ARP Retry count exceeded; starting again
Waiting for PHY auto negotiation to complete...... TIMEOUT !
done

These messages keep appearing until I shut the RMX down. 

I guess that the missing file SwitchLinuxSystem1.img contains the main OS and that's why my RMX does not boot.

I tried to look for this file on the Internet, but since it's the core of the RMX, it's normal that I didn't find anything...

What could I do ?

Regards,

Matthieu

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same issue with an RMX 1500... Is there a solution for the case or is the board bricked?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Did anyone get a solution for this one? I have the same issue with my RTP IP card. if you attach a serial cable to the unit and do an ls the unit does not have any files in the flash drive.

Anyone know were to get SwitchLinuxSystem1.img

HP Recommended

Hi,

First thing that i would try in this case - to perform a Factory Restore using USB stick. If it doesn't help, you will have to contact Polycom technical support or your certified channel partner.

Thanks

Regards,

Alexey 

HP Recommended

i am too facing same error in RMX 1500, i request you to kindly share some idea to reslove the issue

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.