Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

we are using a HDX 8000 HD, VBP 4350, VBP 5300 and a cma 4000 for our VC.

Our currently situation is, that our HDX 8000 is registered to the cma 4000 and can do VC over our rmx2000 with external Clients or doing a VC to other Clients without our RMX2000. The HDX 8000 use NAT to connect through our Firewalls to other VC-Systems.

Our Trouble is after activating NAT on HDX 8000, the registration with our cma 4000 will fail and we can no longer do a VC over our RMX2000. Is there a possibility to configure our System to the following set-up: Our HDX8000 can do a VC to our RMX through internal Network and if it do a call to the "Internet" (other VC-Systems), it will use the VBP 4350 as an GK? I don't want to change the configuration every time, when we want to do a VC to internal or other VC-Systems.

I already tried to configure sites in the CMA 4000 under "Dial plan and sites" but it was not successful.

Do you need any more Information from me?

Best regards

Adam R.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Adam,

Yes - you are missing one final step to your configuration. Make sure there is a site link from your main site to the Internet VPN site. The edit your main site and go to the

Routing/Bandwidth section. Select "Allowed via H323 aware SBC or ALG: option. Enter your LAN side IP address of your VBP-E unit. Select OK. This will tell the CMA to route all calls that it doesn't recognize (i.e. Internet addresses) through the VBP.

S.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Adam,

Yes - you are missing one final step to your configuration. Make sure there is a site link from your main site to the Internet VPN site. The edit your main site and go to the

Routing/Bandwidth section. Select "Allowed via H323 aware SBC or ALG: option. Enter your LAN side IP address of your VBP-E unit. Select OK. This will tell the CMA to route all calls that it doesn't recognize (i.e. Internet addresses) through the VBP.

S.

HP Recommended

Hello simons,

thanks for your adivce, i'll try it in the common week.

Best regards

Adam

HP Recommended

Alias dialling is working internally from the same endpoint.

Regards

Yashpal

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. It's now Working through our Border Proxy.

Best Regards

Adam

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.