Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I had a case were RMX2000 MPMx version 8.1 integrated with Lync 2013 diconnect the conference or lync clients get disconnected.

after troubleshooting from RMX and Lync server we found that the logs indicates that Lync endpoint stopped sending keepalives to RMX and RMX closes the connection.

I found the following in the release notes, starting from version 7.8

[

HDX endpoints disconnected from the conference after 10 to 20 minutes, when the RMX is configured with FQDN address and the Lync server is working with load balancing and holds more than one address. To ensure that endpoints such as HDX remain connected to the conference for its duration when the RMX is configured with FQDN address and the Lync server is working with load balancing and holds more than one address, the following two flags must be manually added and set to: *
MS_KEEP_ALIVE_ENABLE = YES *
SIP_TCP_PORT_ADDR_STRATEGY = 1 (default setting)
]

when trying to add these flags it gives me the following error message:
"the new flag cannot be added. flag is not recognized by the system"

I searched again and found that the flags are changed in 8.1:
[

Beginning with version 8.1 the functionality of the MS_KEEP_ALIVE_ENABLE System Flag has been replaced with the following System Flags:
SIP_TCP_KEEP_ALIVE_TYPE and
SIP_TCP_KEEP_ALIVE_BEHAVIOR
]

but again when try to add the flag " SIP_TCP_KEEP_ALIVE_TYPE = MS " it gives me the following error:
"the new flag cannot be added. flag is not recognized by the system"

any idea how to set these flags in order to test?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.