Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

as to see in the following thread: Link

I had to limit the traffic between VBP 4350 and our Systems, because our HDX could only communicate with a limited Bandwidth of 1472 kbps. But now after routing all our external calls over the VBP, we getting information from users about bad quality in video and audio.

I would like to know what is the maximal bandwidth of the VBP? If it is higher than our set limit of 1472 kbps, what could be the problem between our HDX 8000 and VBP 4350.

Best regards

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please, provide more detailed call info, that can be found during the call.

"Bad quality" can be caused by too many factors, like bad light in room, bad audio situation, even broken display 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Please, provide more detailed call info, that can be found during the call.

"Bad quality" can be caused by too many factors, like bad light in room, bad audio situation, even broken display 🙂

HP Recommended

A more detailed explanation for bad Quality is:

- a smaller resolution

- losing Picture, but not the voice communication

- losing connection and need to reconnect

- laggy picture or/and audio communication

- high latency

These are the facts, which i got from the users. I looked up into the CMA 4000 (Reports --> Endpoint Usage Report --> User) and the reports of the Connection from the Users are showing me, that there weren't any issues with bandwidth.

Do i need to look somewhere else for more detailed Information?

HP Recommended

The vbp has a limit of maximum 3 mbit bandwith for voice and data traffic.

This is not a "per call limit", but the maximum traffic for all devices.

During a call take a look in the call statistics and check the bandwith of the connection, the audio-video codecs and the packet loss.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.