Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Team,

How many ISDN dial-in participants call is possible on Polycom RMX 4000. I read the manual and it appears that only two ISDN dial-in participant is possible.

What if i have to do a 3-party ISDN dial in call ??? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Shailesh,

I am unsure where in the manual you have read this but the Administrators Guide (Version 7.8 as I am unsure of your Version) states:

"RealPresence Collaboration Server (RMX) 2000 and RealPresence Collaboration Server (RMX) 4000 support a maximum of two RTM ISDN cards, each providing connection for up to either 7 E1 or 9 T1 PRI lines."

An E1 for example typically has 30 B Channels with each 64K.

An Audio call would use 1x Channel, a Video Call depending on the used bandwidth multiple of the above.

Usually the call would arrive in an entry queue and via DTMF placed into a conference. If a DDI is assigned directly to a room this would not be the case.

Please work with your Polycom reseller if you require more details.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Stef,

Thanks for the guidance.I have Polycom RMX 4000 with 7.6 version. In the attached snippet ,we can only define two participants for the scheduled video conference.

My query is what if i have a three party ISDN calls

HP Recommended

Hello Shailesh,

again, and I am quite sure I reminded you of this before, I strongly advise you to work with your Polycom reseller / Polycom Support.

The RMX in this case is a highly complex setup and cannot just be installed / maintained by utilizing the community.

This is a simple ISDN configuration.

Depending what country and what ISDN connection you either get an individual number for each B channel or a range of numbers assigned that can be distributed over a whole T1/E1 or a multitude of these.

The Channel having a number does not mean that only one call can be made to it.

You can assign one number and multiple people can call it.

In the example screenshot the RMX would allow you to have 2 separate numbers assigned to this conference.

Please follow up my advise and work with your Polycom reseller / Polycom Support and check the possibility's to attend some training for these devices or utilize Polycom professional services to install this for you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.