Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi There.

Someone could help me with the following event?

I have a CMA4000, RPCS1800, DMA7000 and RSS4000. Also, I have seven hdxs 6000 and three qdxs 6000. Everybody have the latest version.

So, I´m trying to add a RMX in the network device options in the CMA but it appears offline. I click the "find device" button but the device isn´t found. 

Someone have any idea?

Thank you very much.

Regards
Jeefry

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Jeefry,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used Software versions of all devices involved as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.  

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s in order to check if the setup or the combination of this is even supported or has been tested.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Jeefry,

Totally agree with Steffen - without S/W versions all reasoning will be no more that speculations.

Sounds like the obsolete CMA 4000 (End of Sale 2013-09-12) knows nothing about modern RPCS 1800.

What is the goal of your wish?

If your DMA can act as a call server (S/W version???) you could try to use it for register RPSC and add RPCS as a network device. Then you could use DMA and CMA as neighbored GKs.

Also I'm pretty sure that you could register RPCS with CMA as a regular H.323 MCU

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen.

Thank you very much for your replay.

The following are the software versions:

CMA 4000: 5.2.5
RPCS1800: 8.6.3
DMA 7000: 6.3.2.4

I checked the release notes and I saw that the CMA4000 was not tested with the RPCS1800 and the DMA 7000 and viceversa, but it doesn´t mean that CMA4000 and RPCS1800 and DMA7000 don´t work together. I have two probabilities; it works or doesn´t work, but I would like to choose that the CMA4000 and the RPCS1800 can work together.

So, I have the CMA4000 and the DMA7000 as neighbored gatekeeper and I have the DMA7000 and the RPCS1800 integrated with the MCU option. But I have the problem with the CMA4000 when I going to schedule a conference. It shows me an error (Insufficient resources ... ).
Then, I´m trying to add the RPCS1800 with the CMA and it shows me the MCU offline, but If I add a future conference in the CMA, then it lets me to add it but the conference never up in the RPCS1800. I push click in the refresh button and the conference disappear in the future and ongoing conference section.

Regards

Jeefry

HP Recommended

Hello Mike.

Thank you very much for your replay.

The following are the software versions:

CMA 4000: 5.2.5
RPCS1800: 8.6.3
DMA 7000: 6.3.2.4

I knew that the CMA is phaseout but the customer don´t want to buy a RPRM. So, I need to work with that server.

I have the CMA4000 and the DMA7000 as neighbored gatekeeper and I have the DMA7000 and the RPCS1800 integrated with the MCU option. But I have the problem with the CMA4000 when I going to schedule a conference. It shows me an error (Insufficient resources ... ).
Then, I´m trying to add the RPCS1800 with the CMA and it shows me the MCU offline, but If I add a future conference in the CMA, then it lets me to add it but the conference never up in the RPCS1800. I push click in the refresh button and the conference disappear in the future and ongoing conference section.

Do you have another idea? thanks you very much.

Regards

Jeefry

HP Recommended

Hello Jeefry,

You claimed initially that everything is on the latest build but your CMA as an example is still on 5.2.x when in reality the latest version is 6.2.7.

The DMA could be on 6.4.1.2 and the RPCS supports 8.7.3 but again if the CMA is not even mentioned in the release notes you may need to consider upgrading to RPRM instead.

You can look into upgrading the CMA but everything is at your own risk as you still most likely have an unsupported solution.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes, you are right and I made a mistake. For the CMA, I wrote the wrong CMA release. It´s 6.2.7

About the others servers, they have the versions that I wrote.

Actually, I can´t upgrade the DMA to the last version ´cause the hardware doesn´t support the lastest release. The hardware is Dell Server R6. So, I upgraded a one version before the lastest.

Also, I can´t upgrade the RPCS1800 to the latest version ´cause I can´t upgrade de DMA.

You are right about every thing, but I need to do something. May you help me with any idea, please?

I got those releases and servers, only that. I can´t to upgrade to a RPRM and If I upgrade to the lastest version the others servers, I will make a bigger problem.

Thank you very much

Regards

Jeefry

HP Recommended

Jeefry,

In your situation the best practices could be using the RMX built-in scheduling capability. With the ability of integration CMA address book with RPCS I don't see any significant difference between these two modes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.