Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hey guys, I’m hoping someone can help me out before I snap!

In our Polycom environment, we have a DMA cluster (running 5.2), and three RMXs (running 7.8).  The RMXs are registering to the DMA via H323 & SIP.  I’m running the latest version of the Lync 2010 client.

The SIP domain my RMXs are using is @companyname.com if that matters…

My Lync team setup a route into the DMA yesterday and chose to use @sipdomain.com as the MATCH URI.

Here’s what happening…

If my Lync client dials into a Virtual Entry Queue defined on the DMA (for example, 7112345@sipdomain.com) and I enter my conference ID, 7114230 – I enter the conference normally.  When I click hang up, my Lync client hangs up like it should, but the connection remains in RMX Manager and the DMA.  In order to kill the connection, I have to do it through RMX manager or the DMA web interface.  This does NOT happen when I dial directly into a VMR on the DMA… very strange.

ALSO PLEASE NOTE (I found this out the hard way)!  If you are setting up Virtual Entry Queues in your DMA and would like your Lync clients to use it, your VMR must use the same conference profile **DEFINED ON THE RMX** as the entry queue.  The Lync client doesn’t like profiles defined on the DMA for some reason.  This ONLY pertains to entry queues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.