Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

My Lync users are not able to make calls from Internet to RMX, intranet calls are working fine. We have a Lync Edge server and RMX is registerd to the same.

Primary SIP domain:  adityabirla.com

RMX4000 FQDN: abgrmx4000.abgplanet.abg.com

RMX user account: abgrmx4000@abgplanet.abg.com

I found that when I make a call to Lync User at Internet, it is establishing a call but not completing. Please help......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Reji,

Make sure the following ports are opened from the Lync edge to the RMX.

To enable Lync Federated and Remote users to join a video conference on the RMX, the Signalling, STUN/TURN, and Media ports need to talk bi-directionally between the RMX and the Lync Edge server(s), and also through any applicable firewall in this communication path.  Also, you need to ensure your RMX is successfully registered to the Edge server for ICE.  Check RMX signalling monitor > ICE Servers to verify.

Here are the port requirements:

Source IP

Destination IP

Destination Port

Protocol

Use

Lync Edge Server Internal  NIC

RMX (signalling IP)

TCP

STUN

Lync Edge Server Internal NIC

RMX (signalling IP)

TCP

SIP/TLS

(Registration and call setup)

RMX (signalling IP)

TCP

SIP/TLS (AV Authentication)

RMX (signalling IP)

UDP

STUN

RMX (Media cards)

49152 - 65535

UDP

SRTP

Source IP

Destination IP

Destination Port

Protocol

Use

RMX (signalling IP)

TCP

STUN

RMX (signalling IP)

TCP

SIP/TLS

RMX (signalling IP)

TCP

-SIP/TLS

- AV Authentication

RMX (signalling IP)

UDP

STUN

RMX (Media cards)

49152 - 65535

UDP

SRTP

*** This information was written with the assumption that the typical Lync communication ports from the Lync Edge Server External NICs/IPs/FQDNs through any internal firewall is already in place.  Reference.  The important requirement would be for the SRTP port range that RMX uses (49152 – 65535).  Most Lync customer will usually have ports 50000 – 59999 open through their firewall, as those are the native TCP/UDP ports used by Lync.  Therefore if RMX start a call in the 49000 range and the firewall is not setup to allow ports from this range, you may end up with one-way media issues or no media at all. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Reji,

Make sure the following ports are opened from the Lync edge to the RMX.

To enable Lync Federated and Remote users to join a video conference on the RMX, the Signalling, STUN/TURN, and Media ports need to talk bi-directionally between the RMX and the Lync Edge server(s), and also through any applicable firewall in this communication path.  Also, you need to ensure your RMX is successfully registered to the Edge server for ICE.  Check RMX signalling monitor > ICE Servers to verify.

Here are the port requirements:

Source IP

Destination IP

Destination Port

Protocol

Use

RMX (signalling IP)

TCP

STUN

RMX (signalling IP)

TCP

SIP/TLS

RMX (signalling IP)

TCP

SIP/TLS (AV Authentication)

RMX (signalling IP)

UDP

STUN

RMX (Media cards)

49152 - 65535

UDP

SRTP

Source IP

Destination IP

Destination Port

Protocol

Use

RMX (signalling IP)

TCP

STUN

RMX (signalling IP)

TCP

SIP/TLS

RMX (signalling IP)

TCP

-SIP/TLS

- AV Authentication

RMX (signalling IP)

UDP

STUN

RMX (Media cards)

49152 - 65535

UDP

SRTP

*** This information was written with the assumption that the typical Lync communication ports from the Lync Edge Server External NICs/IPs/FQDNs through any internal firewall is already in place.  Reference.  The important requirement would be for the SRTP port range that RMX uses (49152 – 65535).  Most Lync customer will usually have ports 50000 – 59999 open through their firewall, as those are the native TCP/UDP ports used by Lync.  Therefore if RMX start a call in the 49000 range and the firewall is not setup to allow ports from this range, you may end up with one-way media issues or no media at all. 

HP Recommended

Thanks Simons,

I had opened the ports in the firewall and now it is working fine. Thank you very much for the solution.

Reji.

HP Recommended

Hi Simons,

I have a similar problem. Can you help me?

I have a Polycom HDX 6000 (not RTV Licence).  I have a Lync Edge server and firewall. I succesfully registered it to our Lync server. I can call internal lync users. Intranet calls are working fine. Problem is external lync users. I can call external lync user. But External lync users can not see HDX video. HDX can see external lync video.

Thanks

HP Recommended

One way video is definitely related to firewall port blocking. The above ports are used for the RMX. I would suggest looking the HDX Admin guide for a list of ports that this endpoint uses and make the related firewall change.

S.

HP Recommended

Dear Simons,

In the list of ports you mentionned :

Source IP                     Destination IP                                  Destination Port

RMX (Media cards)    Lync Edge Server Internal  NIC       49152 - 65535

I don't understand why we need to open these ports from the RMX to the internal NIC of the Edge server as the Edge server is not listining on these ports on his internal interface.

It's not very clear for me.

Regards,

Michaël

HP Recommended

Micheal,

Answered here.

http://community.polycom.com/t5/Bridging/Integration-between-Lync-and-RMX-Firewall-ports/m-p/55416/h...

However, after looking at the list again, the following may be incorrect:

Source IP                          Destination IP                                      Destination Port

RMX (Media cards)        Lync Edge Server Internal NIC        49152 - 65535

The correct destination port range is taken from Microsoft directly: A/V/RTP/UDP/50,000-59,999

As indicated by the following link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg425891.aspx

BTW - the RMX now supports TCP in the RTP stream as well as UDP. So I would add both rules to the firewall (one for TCP and another for UDP).

Thanks for the feedback.

S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.