Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have an integration with RMX and Lync 2010 that works perfecly, but we get error messages in the Lync event viewer.The customer has five Lync FEs behind a F5 HW HLB load balancing (BIGip). And this load balancer is in between. The installation is working, but it is annoying with the error messages.

Anyone that has an idea what can be wrong?

ERROR message:

Log Name: Lync Server
Source: LS Protocol Stack
Date: 01.03.2013 07:52:46
Event ID: 14502
Task Category: (1001)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: LYNC02.domain.com
Description:
A significant number of connection failures have occurred with remote server rmx01.domain.com IP 172.17.x.xThere have been 4864 failures in the last 180 minutes. There have been a total of 607722 failures.
The specific failure types and their counts are identified below.
Instance count - Failure Type
607297 0x8007274D(WSAECONNREFUSED)
423 0x8007274C(WSAETIMEDOUT)
2 0x80072775(WSAEDISCON)
This can be due to credential issues, DNS, firewalls or proxies. The specific failure types above should identify the problem.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello vfjelde,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always of use to include the current RMX software version in a post as it enables yourself or others to check this against any RMX Software Release notes.

In addition do you have a single or multiple Edge servers?

You may be best advised to take this up with your Polycom reseller to bring this to the attention of Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Polycom would not help since this is a new installation and I am the reseller.

There is one Lync Edge server. RMX is in the LAN on a different subnet than the Lync Front Ends, and as wrote earlier between RMX and FEs there are a F5 Load balancer.

RMX sw 7.8.0

HP Recommended

Hello vfjelde,

have you got a Polycom ticket number that you can reference?

If this is a new RMX under warranty I find it hard to believe that our Support Team would not look at this ticket.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I was not allowed to make a support case of this, they asked: Is this a new installation? Answer: Yes. Sorry, then we cant help you. You have to buy professional service. Professional service would not give us any price or would not investigate in this problem. We have to reimage every server and buy installation from Polycom. That is not an option since this is working and in use every day.

HP Recommended

Hi,

We being a Polycom reseller and a Partner to Polycom, faced the same issue with the Polycom Support Team. This is fyi..

Regards,

Anant

HP Recommended

Hello Anant,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

In order to follow this up and provide the correct and current Information please be aware that vfjelde's RMX is under a Partner Premier contract and all tickets should be raised via the relevant reseller in question.

I had made our team aware of the communication within this post and vfjelde is being or has being contacted directly.

Being a Polycom Partner or Reseller still does not automatically guarantee as certain requirements must be met.

The Product in question has to have a valid service contract and depending on the issue, LYNC as an example, the partner / reseller must be LYNC certified and may require in addition to be project managed via professional services.

You should really discuss this with your Polycom contacts directly in order to clear up the situation of entitlement.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Generally speaking Steffen is correct. When you purchase Professional Services for a Lync integration, you will be given a special project code which will give you access to get additional Lync intgration support from TAC if needed.

However, without this code, you can make a purchase for T&M (time and materials) which I am surprised this was not offerred to you as an option. I would escalate this to management is this happens again. The purchase is a one time deal meaning t will cover the cost of investigating the issue and any escalations if needed. Another purchase would be required for any other issue, for example.

S.

HP Recommended

On a side note - I would try to register the RMX directly to the FE Pool or FE server and bypass the LB. There may be something that the RMX does not like about the LB which is causing these messages.

TAC will probably want to look at a packet capture of the registeration request from the RMX to the LB.

S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.