Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

We had an MGC-100 running version 6.0. After trying to upgrade to 9.0.3 the MGC is not booting anymore, we can't login to it.

I guess we should have upgraded it to an intermediate version. Is there any way to reset it back to the working version 6.0? 

Thanks a lot.

Eko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot, I think we'd better send the two control units to Polycom for repair. 🙂

BR,

Eko

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Eko,

As your MGC was running ver. 6.0 I guess it has a floppy drive (not compact flash). If it's so you have to create a Resque disk and boot MGC using this one. So you need:

- Find MGC software ver. 6.0

- Find the image of the MGC Resque Disk and the appropriate documentation about using it

- Find the 3.5" disk in usable state and a PC with floppy drive

- Make a bootable disk (with OS compatible with resque utils?)

- Using this disk, keyboard and monitor attached to MGC control module make MGC able to get software

- Upload S/W ver. 6.0

- Enjoy the result

Please keep in mind that you need a dongle (hardware key) attached to MGC and configured to support the desired S/W version. Every time you want to upgrade MGC to the next version (6.x to 7.x, then to 8.x, then to 9.x) you have to get the new license (*.don) file from Polycom support site.

I wish you good look - you'll need it!

Mike

HP Recommended

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

The MGC-100 was running S/W ver 9.0.4 with XPEK kernel. The Control Unit went defective and I inserted the spare Control Unit which had S/W ver 6.0 installed. The dongle was 9.0.4. I was able to connect to the MGC from the Manager and started the upgrade to 9.0.3. After the upgrade finished, I reset the MGC then I could not connect anymore.

I created a Rescue disk, but was not able to upload 6.0.

I got confused, control unit with ver 6.0 and the dongle 9.0, should I have downgraded the dongle to 6.0 and then started the upgrade to 9.0?

Regards,

Eko

HP Recommended

Eko,

In my old notes I can find next things about updates:

- Control units compatible with ver. 7.0 and later: ASY0182P and above, ASY2019G and above

Control unit must have at least 128 MB of memory to run ver. 7.0 and later

- Free disk space must be at least 130 MB to run ver.7.0 and later

Please note that not all boards are compatible with different S/W versions, so it may be useful to remove all functional modules when upgrading/downgrading.

Also note that XPEC and PSOS resque procedures differ one to other.

Hope this could be useful for you

WBR,

Mike

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot, I think we'd better send the two control units to Polycom for repair. 🙂

BR,

Eko

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.