Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi everyone, I hope the subject says it all; simple objective - get the MGC-25 to connect to a PBX using either it's PRI 1A or PRI 1B interfaces although the labeling is terribly biased since the MGC is supposed to support CAS as well as PRI and in my case I just want an old fashioned robbed-bit CAS setup.

Of course I got the PBX to work with a cheap channel bank in 5 minutes just to test my CAS config.

However the MGC is exhibiting what I would normally identify as hardware problems or just bad cabling. Either A or B interfaces are not seeing anything; no clock no nothing and producing LOSS. So this is way before any signaling comes to play. So I know the cables are good since I just used it for the channel bank.

Tried both carrier side or customer side in the MGC config - no go although I doubt they can control polarity on those cards via software. Anywho in summary if anyone has actually done this setup (please don't recite manual) please do ping me with some feedback on the wiring or whatever else might be causing the low-level LOSS

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.