Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there experts,

Please may i ask your help:

I have a silver Polycom MCU 50 Redi Conviene bridge.

The bridge Software is on version 8.0.0.2 and so is the dongle (original version)

There was a power failuer and the bridge software and dongle lost the software.

The details of the serial number of the bridge is : 110917 and the dongle is:18865527000000E3

Please anybody that can help on on bended knees .

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Try to get the Dongle file from >>> support.polycom. com -> Licensing & Product Registration -> MGC Upgrade File Download <<<.

I'm not sure but maybe you will need the active maintenance contract to get this file.

HP Recommended

Hi Mike_V thank you so much for responding to my post much appreciated.

I would like to say that i have done what you told me to do and i have got the encripted file, how ever there is a problem:

the sticker at the back of the bridge tells me that the serial number is :110917 and the dongle is 18865527000000E3 but when i look on the MCU it gives me a serial number 87045 on the actual property on the HDLC. i have tried to upgrade the file but had no success.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you once again for taking the time to respond.

HP Recommended

Of course the serial numbers of MGS and of HDLC are different, each module has its own S/N. You need to use the S/N of the unit - 110917 in your case.

I have to recommend you to get the assistance from Polycom official support.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.