Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

In my environment we are trying to evaluate Content Connect solution for realconnect calls and direct DMA based VMRcalls.

We had installed soft blades on a Virtual machine and configured those soft blades in a Virtual RMX using minion configuration. And added all the necessary flags mentioned on the release notes of v8.7.1 for enabling modular mcu mode. Also enabled "Enable RDP content" in the DMA conference template.

My Virtual RMX version is 8.7.5, DMA version is 6.4.1_P2.

My GS 500 (ver 6.1) device was registered on DMA and we are using SIP Protocol for all the communications. Now when i tried to share my desktop from my SFB client in a realconnect call to my GS device nothing was happening (No errors or any msg or anything).

But when i joined a DMA based VMR call from my SFB client and tried to share my desktop am getting a time out error on my SFB client. 

Here i have a question, with respect to ports - Do we need to open any ports in the virtual machine where our soft blades has been configured with respect to TCP/UDP and do we need to open any ports for the virtual RMX as well with respect to TCP/UDP.

Do we need to change any port numbers in the IP network services of Virtual RMX. 

We had uploaded almost the license for the virtual RMX except Multiple services - Does this have any impact on the content sharing.

When i tried to check the logs of Virtual RMX, i was not able to see any translator related logs. Before collecting the logs i have configured the logger level to Trace for translator.

Any inputs/suggestions are most welcome 🙂

Thanks

Aravindhan S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

After enabling and changing the fixed ports, then everything seems to be working fine.  Fixed port information can be found in admin guide.

Thanks

Aravind S

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Aravindhan,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Would it not be easier to work wit this new installation with a Polycom SE or Polycom support directly and quicker?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi

After enabling and changing the fixed ports, then everything seems to be working fine.  Fixed port information can be found in admin guide.

Thanks

Aravind S

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.