Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Newbie question about RMX, SIP, and H.323?

Visitor

Newbie question about RMX, SIP, and H.323?

So my question is this, can a RMX1500 with the MPM+ card (or whatever the newest card is) act as a gateway between H.323 and SIP in the video/audio world?

I have all of this Polycom infrastructure equipment (RMX, CMA, RSS, VMC), Lync 2010, and Avaya CM6 phone system (H.323) and want to see about interoperability between it all.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Newbie question about RMX, SIP, and H.323?

Hi,

without going into to much detail I assume a DMA is what you are after to linking your products and technologies together.

See => here <=

The RMX can do LYNC or SIP but not both together.

Best to speak to your  Polycom Reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Polycom Employee

Re: Newbie question about RMX, SIP, and H.323?

Although the RMX is not a 'gateway' it can interact with each of those standards as well as Lync.  For true peer-to-peer calling the DMA would provide that capability as mentioned., but the RMX bridge can be used as a 'meet-in-the-middle' solution where users on all those disparate endpoints could call into the same virtual meeting room.

-
Jeff Schertz - Microsoft Solutions Architect [Blog]
Message 3 of 3