Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a meeting that happens every week where another organizations Codian 4515 dials into my RMX2000.  

Both of our bridges are on the latest firmware, and they show to be tested compatible in the release notes.  

My RMX is behind a VBP4350 and their Codian is not behind a firewall at all. 

Basically, what happens Is that I can send content 1 time; if I stop the content and try to re-send it, it will display an error message that the far site cannot receive content.

They cannot ever send content.  When their bridge dials directly into an endpoint, there are no problems at all.

I have tried all available settings for content settings and content protocol in the conference profile, and have tried connecting at 512, 768, and 1024. 

I have had issues with other cascaded calls, but have gotten them resolved with the Master/slave settings.  

I have not found a combination that made any improvements when changing those settings, though I am not 100% sure what they have done with this on their end.

The thing that I have noticed that seems a possible culprit is that whenever I do send the content for the first time, it never checks the "Content Token" column in the participants window.  

It shows that we have both negotiated H.264 with the H.239 role as presentation.  When the content is sending, I can see that bandwidth is being utilized, and they can see it on their end.  

All this without the content token being checked.  When I right click on the conference in the Conferences window, there is no option for ending the H.239 session.

This leads to to think that their is something wrong with the H.239 negotiation, but I can't figure out what.  

Are there any more things I can try to get this figured out?

Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello cwholmes,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to provide the details on the currently used software as days, weeks or even months down the line nobody will know what software version you had been referring to.

I will also attempt an re-format your post to make it more readable.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for cleaning it up.

I have tried this on about 4 different software versions as I have been messing with this for about a year and a half.  I had a workaround, but that is starting to get too clumsy.

Anyway, the current version I am on is 8.1.7 and they are on v 4.5.  I have also tried it on 7.8, 7.6, 7.5, and 6.x, and they have been on 4.4, 4.3, and 3.x.  It has made no difference to the way the system behaved.  They have also tried it with a couple of their older bridges (I forget the models) and they behaved the same as well.

HP Recommended

Hello cwholmes,

I suggest you run this by our Support team as they can check the logs and advise on supported compatibility.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I just wanted to update on how I resolved this issue.

I identified that the problem was that we the bridges were not properly negotiating the master/slave relationship - both were acting as master.  I couldn't my RMX to recoginize them as master through an address book entry as the VBP changed the IP address and it seemed to be ignoring the H.323 ID.  

I ended up creating a cascading entry queue to set them as master, and had them dial in using the MCU ID EQ ID#CONF ID#IP ADDRESS format.  This allow them to be recognized as the master.

HP Recommended

Hi Team,

As you mentioned MCU ID EQ ID#CONF ID#IP ADDRESS

so is it the MCU EQ ID of the CIsco or of RMX....

if so if the conference ID has a password than what would be the dial string....

My RMX 2000 is of Version 8.4

HP Recommended

Hi,

I am facing same issue and have not recieved any good support from polycom for the issue. Can you please let me know in detail how you were able to fix this issue. You help seems to be only option now to solve thios issue 🙂

Regards,

San

HP Recommended

Hello San,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Could you kindly supply me with the Polycom Ticket reference starting with 1- so I can check with the relevant support team in region?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I want to preface this by saying that it has been a year or two since I messed with this, so this is entrely from memory and it might be slightly different than described, but it is at least close. 

Basically, it is the result of not negotiating the master-slave relationship correctly. Generally, any MCU seems to default to being the master unless told otherwise. This is supposed to be sorted out on connection, but it doesn't always happen, especially cross-vendor and behind firewalls. You have to force the MCUs to use the oposite state (one master, one slave) if they don't do it on their own, which is what happened to me and seems to be happening to you. Since they rean't negotiating correctly, the one initiating the call must be the slave. This can be accomplished a couple ways.

If you are dialing from your RMX into the remote site:

In the address book, add an entry for the remote site. Enter all of the relevant information, and mark that site as the master. This should tell your RMX that it is the slave. This is by far the easiest way as you have control over the connection and don't have to worry about someone else setting it up correctly.

If the remote site is dialing into you:

Sometimes (as was my case) the other site will only initiate calls and won't allow you to call into them. In this case, you need to ensure that their MCU is the slave. If they have an RMX, they follow the above steps and add your site as the master. If they have a Cisco/Tandberg/Codian, then it is slightly different. I believe that when they add your site in the address book, they actually specify what their own bridge does. The options are Master, Slave, and Mimic Slave. They should select either Slave of Mimic Slave. They may have to play around with the settings a bit to get it to work.

If the remote site is dialing into you and won't set the master/slave correctly:

In my case, the people I was trying to connect with were either stupid or really hard headed so they never seemed to follow my directions. In this case, you have to set a filter so that when your RMX sees their site, it makes them the master. If you don't have a firewall, then you just add their site as incoming and mark them as a master. If you are behind a firewall (like me) then the VBP stripped away the necessary identifying info, so I had to get creative. I ended up discovering that you could set an entry queue that would mark everyone coming into that queue as a master. I don't remember the specifics, but it is all in the manual in the entry queue section. The number ended up looking something like this: <IP Address>##<Entry Queue ID>##<Meeting ID>.

I hope that at the very least points you in the right direction. Good luck!

HP Recommended
There is a flag you can set in the RMX that might help with this. The flag is ENABLE_CODIAN_CASCADE and the value should be YES. This flag should force the RMX to be the master in a cascade with a Codian MCU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.