Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

I have recently integrated my Polycom RMX 2000 v 7.6 with my Lync Edge Server (perimeter).

In the RMX 2000 configuration, i have done the setting for ICE under SIP Advance and have disabled "Fixed Ports". Post MCU reboot, i see a "CONNECTION OK" in the Signalling Status under ICE and i also see a message "ice_firewall_detection_UDP_enabled" message in Signalling Monitor.

Now, if my Remote User connected thru PUBLIC Internet tries to make a Video Call to RMX using SIP, I see the user connecting on the RMX Manager, but it disconnects within 4-5 seconds with an error - "no sip addr for media - 0".

On the client end, the user see the call as connecting, but does not recieve the welcome screen of the POLYCOM and then the call drops.

Any idea what I might be missing in configuration?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE : I was using the Polycom RMX with Lync Server for internal corporate environment for almost 4 months now and with no issues. The EDGE part is recently introduced and hence wanted to configure it.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

I'm assuming this post is a few steps behind since our offline discussion, so are you no longer attempting to register to the Edge server (incorrect) and instead just have ICE configured as I explained?  I believe you mentioned this may be related to a load balancer configuration in your environment.

HP Recommended

You are right Jeff !! This post was prior to our offline discussion. I have managed to get this error resolved. I was making a mistake of not creating the domain ID with the right SIP.

I realised that I  have to create the AD ID with the same SIP as that of Lyncpool and then use this ID in the RMX ICE setting with MS as the environment.

The integration is working fine now.

I am still cusrious to know if all the issues of the version 7.6.1 are fixed in the latest .138 release? i saw the other post which lists down the issues encountered and I havent been able to decide on moving to the next version beyond 7.6.0. I dont know what all I will gain in the new release, so unless absoulutely tested and confirmed that there are no major issues, I might decide towards it.

Have a Good Day.

Rony

HP Recommended

I'm not aware of the issues list you mention but generally the latest 0.0.x build is the most stable in terms of Lync integration.  For non-Lync integration related scenarios I can't really say and will leave that for someone else to respond to.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

the x.138 Release Notes list all the fixed issues.

Without looking to closely most of the ones listed => here <= have been fixed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Rony

Can you elaborate a little bit on how you resolved this?  I'm running into the exact same issue getting remote users to connect to a VMR.  My scenario is exactly what you described in the first post.

HP Recommended

Hello Sean,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

If you read the 3rd reply you will find that Rony fixed his initial issue.

Did you contact your Polycom Reseller or Polycom Support yet?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

He had a misconfiguration on the RMX for Microsoft ICE comparability.

Basically you need to verify:

• The SIP URI of the Lync user account created for the RMX (e.g. rmxice@contoso.com)
  • The Server Domain Name field in the SIP Servers configuration is set to the same SIP domain name (e.g. contoso.com)
  • The Server User Name under the SIP Advanced configuration is set to only the name portion of the SIP URI (e.g. rmxice)
  • The ICE Environment parameter under the SIP Advanced configuration is set to MS.
HP Recommended

Jeff,

Thanks for the reply.  All those settings are correct and the user account is enabled for EV and Federation + Outside Access.  Looks like I'll be opening a support ticket.

BTW, referenced your blog many times while building out my environment, so thanks again.

HP Recommended
Sean
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.