Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm new to video conferencing.

With a VMR the participants of the room are not displayed.  We are currently using Lync users only.  Eventually we'll tie into our Tandberg solution.  Looking for information on how to create a user friendly cohesive environment.

The room needs to display all of the users in attendance, this does not happen, only shows my name and the VMR number

Can controls be made available to the host, owner of the VMR?  This would be to mute participants, things like this.

Need to have video, audio and IM only participants in a conference.

Thanks for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Applehead,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am unsure if I can follow you post but are you asking for a new solution or need help with an existing Polycom solution?

A RMX would do what you are after and I can only recommend to contact a Polycom Reseller.

Our Polycom Colleague Jeff Schertz demonstrates some of the solution in his blog => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Currently all third-party video conferencing bridges integrate with Lync as a Lync endpoint, not as an actual MCU like the Lync AVMCU does.  So although you can place a call and see the continuous presence layout this is still performed as a peer-to-peer call in Lync and thus there is no attendee list or CCCP-based conferencing controls available (mute, disconnect, etc).

HP Recommended

In a scenario where say 3 Lync 2013 callers are bridged on the AVMCU, how could they extend the call to include a Polycom endpoint? Presumably, if you just dial the URI of the endpoint from Lync then would it just bridge it in on the AVMCU resources?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.