Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

G'day all,

When I export the Address Book from our RMX-1500 I save it to my HDD as an XML which is what the manual says it is "The Address Books are exported in XML format, which are editable offline."

When I try to open it all I get is gobbledygook. It appears that the file is binary. I have tried to open it with PeaZip but it does not recognise it either.

Any ideas?AM I missing something?

Cheers

Matthew

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Matthew,

When exporting RMX address book you should receive an XML file like a shown in the attachment. RMX 1500 ver. 8.5.2.58 and RMX Manager ver. 8.5.2. were used this time.

HP Recommended

Thanks Mike,

When I extract the address book I receive what's shown in the attached.

Cheers

Matthew

HP Recommended

Matthew,

I never saw address book content like this. It's some strange that the the file name differs from my simple by the suffix "...Structured...". It seems you need the assistance from Polycom technical support.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.