Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

I have searched the forums here for an answer to my problem. I am attempting to integrate a RMX 1500 on version 7.6.1.136 to MS lync 2010 (one server). I have followed all the guides and am still having no success.

My ultimate goal is to setup a meeting room on the RMX which can be accessed by multiple lync users for multipoint conferencing.

I have:

-The correct MCU host name in Management network

-created a static DNS entry and tested

-created a trusted application pool

-created a certificate from the lync server (which lync doesnt trust as seen in the event vwr)

-created static routes to the RMX

-Created trusted application on RMX

-enabled the topology

-selected all the SIP Server settings under the ip network service

-Selected TLS (PEM/PFX) and sent certificate

Onto the meaty part.

-I set a DNS record to point to the signaling host IP address and made sure via nslookup that it worked.

-Under "SIP Servers" I selected "specify" and "Microsoft"

-transport type TLS and PEM/PFX sent the certificate i recieved from the lync server that i created (domain certificate)

-I plugged in the IP address of the lync server under server IP address, domain name under server domain name

-On outbound proxy i set the same as above (ip address and port number (5061))

Still no go.

-Under securirty tab I selected "SIP authentication" and plugged in the AD accountt that i created and enabled in lync in the form domain\user and password (is this neccessary?)

-under SIP advanced I selected ice environment and "server user name" was the same AD account created above.

other things i have tried was to set SIP to TCP and Lync to TCP. That didnt go very well either.

Here is my configuration:

My lync server is on the domain, my RMX is in a local workgroup (unsure why, it was configured by a 3rd party). Appended the network connection and added my domain suffix to the TCP/IP settings on the RMX to compensate for this.

Long story short is that i cant get my certificates to work correctly nor can i get just TCP to work correctly.

Any ideas, write ups?

sorry for the long post as i wanted to as much info together as i can think of.

Currently the error message i receive from the alarm is:

Failed to register with OCS. Check the RMX server name

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello maziz,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you follow this guide => here <= ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I followed that guide to the letter. However, and i am guessing here, i think it is a certificate problem which they arent very clear on. I will re-read that guide and see what i could have missed.

it was very easy to configure the HDX boxes into Lync but the RMX is somewhat more difficult.

HP Recommended

The error message i recieve on the lync server is:

Over the past 1 minutes, Lync Server has experienced TLS outgoing connection failures 1 time(s). The error code of the last failure is 0x80090322 (The target principal name is incorrect.) while trying to connect to the server "PolycomRMX.domain.com" at address [172.16.5.xx:5061], and the display name in the peer certificate is "Unavailable".

I have tried a variety of certs. what am i missing here?

My certificate is for "server authentication" is that correct?

HP Recommended

What is the Common Name (CN) set to in the certificate for the RMX?

S.

HP Recommended

CN is set to PolycomRMX.domain name.

i can now get audio and video but i cant share desktop for presentation purposes.

can you shed some light on this?

HP Recommended

The error message on lync is "Sharing is not supported with this contact"

HP Recommended

Hi,

attacheed is FYI..i hope i would help you to resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Sharing is not supported from the Lync contact to the RMX. You can share from Polycom to the Lync client if you enable "Send content to legacy endpoints". At this time Polycom cannot accept sharing from the Lync environment. I believe they are working on this with Microsoft but I doubt we will see anything until Lync 2013.

HP Recommended

Hi.

I have the exact same problem you had, would you please explain me how you managed to integrate the Lync pool with the RMX?

This is the error that the Event Viewer shows:

Multiple invalid incoming certificates.

In the past 32 minutes the server received 182 invalid incoming certificates. The last one was from host x.x.x.252.
Cause: This can happen if a remote server presents an invalid certificate due to an incorrect configuration or an attacker.
Resolution:
No action needed unless the number of failures is large. Contact the administrator of the host sending the invalid certificate and resolve this problem.

It's like a certificate problem, nevertheless in the: "Polycom Unified Communications Deployment Guide for Microsoft Environments" manual it is not very well explained how to add a certificate to the RMX.

Would you please explain me how did you solve it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.