Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

RMX 1500 - lecturer mode using DTMF

SandeepDas
Occasional Advisor

RMX 1500 - lecturer mode using DTMF

Hi All,

I have one query. Is it possible to make somebody as lecturer dring the call using DTMF functions? I have checked the admin guide of RMX and not found anything. Is it only operator assisted?

Br,

Sandeep

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
YashPal
Valued Contributor

Re: RMX 1500 - lecturer mode using DTMF

yes the DTMF works in the lecture swiching mode as well but the DTMF function can be used for chairperson(acpect the chairperson becoming DTMF code).

BR

Yash Pal

BR
Yash
Message 2 of 4
Mike_v
Honored Contributor

Sandeep,

It seems that there is no direct way to do this. But there is a way to reach the near effect if the conference chairperson wants to become lecturer himself.

1. Set the conference in Presentation mode.

2. When chairperson decides to become a lecturer he uses "Mute All Except Me"  feature (default DTMF code *5). After predefined time (30 seconds) the conference changes to Lecture Mode.

3. To return back chairperson uses "Cancel Mute All Except Me" (#5)

Hope this workaround will be useful for you,

Mike

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld
Message 3 of 4
SandeepDas
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Mike. I will try this.

Message 4 of 4