Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

we are using RMX 1500 MCU Version 7.8.0.246, and are trying to get the network traffic capture enabled for some test calls in order to look at things such as DSCP QoS packet markings and other call statistics.

I noticed there is a place in Administration > Tools > Information Collector > Network Traffic Capture > If i collect logs for Network Traffic Capture they come off empty for the calls or time frames selected.

I would assume that the network traffic capture has to be only temporarily enabled for certain calls due to the size that it can generate.

I did not find a way in the Administration Guide to enable a network traffic capture, please specify how this can be done.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi.

In this case you should turn on the SSH on RMX, login to the Management IP(or Media card IP if you need RTP) through SSH, start\stop tcpdump and get the file from RMX using FTP or "winscp".

For more information please contact to Polycom Support team.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.