Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

RMX 2000 - No Chairperson but Participants can still hear each other - security risk?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

RMX 2000 - No Chairperson but Participants can still hear each other - security risk?

RMX Version 7.8.0.246

3 participants in a call, none had entered the chairperson code, could all see the IVR slide but could all hear eachother and hold a conversation. Is there a new setting in 7.8 that has caused this?

In this environment being able to hear other parties with no chairperson is a security risk. Please advise.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: RMX 2000 - No Chairperson but Participants can still hear each other - security risk?

Hello JVander,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Not having looked in detail at this but a few questions:

• Did this only occur after upgrading to RMX 7.8 ?
  • What profile is being used and does it have the "enable chairperson message" enabled?
  • Does this occur when dialing straight into the RMX or is there any other Polycom infrastructure like a DMA involved?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: RMX 2000 - No Chairperson but Participants can still hear each other - security risk?

Hello JVander,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Not having looked in detail at this but a few questions:

• Did this only occur after upgrading to RMX 7.8 ?
  • What profile is being used and does it have the "enable chairperson message" enabled?
  • Does this occur when dialing straight into the RMX or is there any other Polycom infrastructure like a DMA involved?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steffen,

As far as we're aware yes it's only started happening after 7.8.

Yes the conference profile IVR Service has Enable Chairperson messages. It's an adapted Meeting Room Profile.

The particiants in question came from 2 different places, through a VBP and directly (managed by a CMA).

This is the seond report of this we've had, participants cannot see each other but can hear. On both occasions it's happened when no-one has even attempted to enter a chairperson password.

Should I log a proper case regarding this?

Thanks for the prompt response.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted

Hello JVander,

I am not aware of this and would need to replicate this in the lab.

A case is the proper escalation procedure as issues reported in the community are not linked with our Polycom Siebel system.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 4 of 4