Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the following issue with our RMX 2000:

After rebooting the RMX, I get the following error:

Startup Error

• Did anyone encounter this? If yes, how can I work around it?

Below is the system information (serial number blocked out for security reasons):

System info

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Daniel,

That error is a known issue on version 7.6.0.172. It is non-service impacting but it has affected a number of people. Engineering did give us a hotfix to resolve the issue though, if you check your PMs you will see one from me containing the link to download the hotfix. Because it isn't a GA build of software, I can't post the link on a public forum, but we are providing it to anyone who has the auditor process startup error.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

Daniel,

That error is a known issue on version 7.6.0.172. It is non-service impacting but it has affected a number of people. Engineering did give us a hotfix to resolve the issue though, if you check your PMs you will see one from me containing the link to download the hotfix. Because it isn't a GA build of software, I can't post the link on a public forum, but we are providing it to anyone who has the auditor process startup error.

HP Recommended

Alki - thank you for your help as always! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi there,

we are facing the same issue. We are running on 7.6.0.172 also. Is it possible we could get the hot fix also.

Let me know if you need more information from our RMX.

Thank you in advance.

Pedro

HP Recommended

That dit the trick.

Thank you very much.

Pedro

HP Recommended

Can someone PM me the fix as well?

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

If this is not available within the FTP or download sites, please would you be so kind as to send me the link too as I have a number of units presenting with the excat same error?

Many thanks

HP Recommended

Hi guys, I'm a newbie in the fourm, but I've been having this issue with several of our RMXs. Polycom support provided me a workaround as the patch was still not available at that time (and so, I believe we still doesn't have that one installed). It seems that the audit folder had grown too much and started to disturb the startup process in the RMX, as it is too big and takes a lot of time to read/write and then log the startup in the files. I'll put the workaround here, these are the steps to follow:

1. Login using SUPPORT in the RMX and enable SSH (the only way to do it is through the Web Browser RMX Manager GUI, which works only in IE6 *dud*).

2. SSH into the RMX and login using SUPPORT account (although this is not strictly necessary, it is recommended by Polycom). You can use the Ol' Reliable PuTTy!

3. It is a regular Linux/Unix shell, not sure if it is capped or something, but nevermind.

4. There, go to cd /output

5. Check with ls if the audit folder is present

6. Remove the content of the folder using rm -f audit/* (you can keep the latest files if you want, just need to save some space in the RMX). Then exit the SSH session.

7. Get into the RMX Manager GUI website again and disable SSH (as you all may know, keeping it on will let you see a major alarm saying that "SSH is enabled").

8. Reboot the RMX.

9. Check if the alarm is still present. Hopefully not, as my 5 RMXs had this workaround done and were safe.

Hope it helps.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Groo,

We used that workaround for a while ourselves in PGS. The problem is that the error messages will come back after a while as the auditor files continue to be created. Fortunately, the problem is being fixed for good in 7.6.1 due out at the end of the month.

HP Recommended

Hi Alki, yes, the issue continues to be present anyway, it is just a quick workaround to "clean" the audit folder. Cool that this will be solved!

Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.