Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi guys!

We have RMX 2000 Version 7.8.0.246

And we've got ISDN E1 service connected to our PABX. So we can make audio calls to Polycom meeting room. It works fine.

The task is to restrict audio calls to certain meeting room. Other rooms should be able to accept calls.

In Meeting room's properites Enable ISDN/PSTN Dial-in is off, but we can make call in meeting room anyway.

I switched off Accept calls option in Conference Profile properties \ Network services, but it doesn't work.

Any idea?

Cheers.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This sounds like your PSTN callers are getting into unwanted meeting rooms by coming in through the entry queue.

If you want to restrict a PSTN caller to a particular meeting room I would suggest turning on ISDN/PSTN dial in for the meeting rooms if you have enough DID numbers to support this. When you do this a DID number will be assigned to the meeting room and that would be the number you give to the participants you want to have access it. To restrict it further you can also turn off Transit Entry Queue for the entry queue.

HP Recommended

Michael, thanks for your respond! Could you tell me please how exactly I can prohibit access via turning off Transit Entry Queue?

I have two EQ: default (Transit EQ) and audio EQ (create for audio connections). Our cheif wants to have only one DID number for audio connections to all meeting rooms and haven't possibilities to connect to one particular room. When I call DID number I enter to the audio EQ. Then IVR offer me to enter number of conference. So I enter certain room number and Bob's your unkle I'm the first participant. ISDN/PSTN dial-in is off in this particular room.

HP Recommended

With a Transit Entry Queue enabled a caller could dial any DID number that routes to the RMX and if that number is not assigned to a particular meeting then the caller will end up in that entry queue. With Transit Entry Queue disabled if a caller dials a number that is not assigned the RMX won't answer the call.

In your case you have audio only callers dialing a particular entry queue access number but you want to restrict what meeting room they can join. If the caller enters a valid conference ID when in the entry queue they will be placed into that conference. That's just the way an Entry Queue works. There is no way that I know of to restrict which meetings an undefined participant can join other than putting a passcode on the meeting.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.