Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Polycom Team,

Got my RMX 2000 upgraded from v 7.6 to v 8.1 recently and got it integrated with Lync 2010 + Lync 2013 common topology setup. This went well without issues. However, noticed a strange behaviour in one of the conference where HDX 7000, HDX 8000, VSX 7000 and VSX 8000 participated. It was noticed that when HDX was sharing the content, other HDX participants were able to see the content, but VSX participants couldnt. When checked on the VSX participant property, under  connection status, it showed a strange message "Content Channel has been disabled because the participant content resolution is below minimum required threshold.".

the conference was created as per conference properties defined in the attachment, snapshot 1. Under Video Quality, Multiple content resolutions was selected with "send content to legacy endpoint" enabled (for my Lync users). With this setting, the VSX could not see the content at all with above error. Further to that, when monitored in a live conference, the "send content to legacy.." shows disabled and keeps flickering constantly.

When the conference property was changed as in Snapshot 2, and H263 was selected in the dropdown, and the checkbox enabled, the VSX were able to see the content. However, the CONTENT RESOLUTION tab never appears when the conference profile is being created. It appears only when the conference is active, which is kind of strange. The checkbox continues to flicker in the live conference, but my VSX and LYNC users can see the content fine.

Not sure, if these are issues or tweaks needed in the next release maybe, or whether there is somethign wrong on my RMX alone and not observed on others.

any inputs would greatly help. Also would need clarity on whether the configured setting is correct for VSX to see the content, or do i need to make any other changes for the things to work error free.

Firmwares :

VSX - 9.0.6.2

HDX - 3.1.2

RMX 2000 - 8.1

Thanks,

Ronyran

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

Which RMX 8.1 software version do you use? (8.1.7.35 or 8.1.7.37.022?)

Do you use H323 for calls to VSX?

check the H239_FORCE_CAPABILITIES system flag, if you have YES, try to set NO.

Regards

HP Recommended

hi Ronyran,

i'm also struggling with this issue. Have you found a solution yet? 

kind regards,

Bram Willems

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.