Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Page 493 of the 8.5.0 RMX Administrators Guide states when configuring the IP Network Service to use a fixed UDP port range, 1024 consecutive UDP ports are required for each RMX Media Processing Module (MPM) in environments without Microsoft Lync ICE support or 2048 consecutive UDP ports for environments with Microsoft Lync and ICE support.

The above is incorrect as with 8.5.0 the UDP port range per MPM increases to 3000 consecutive UDP ports in environments without Microsoft Lync ICE support or 6000 consecutive UDP ports for environments with Microsoft Lync and ICE support.

The RMX will therefore display an 'Insufficient UDP Ports' alarm if enabled as per the documentation including when upgrading from an earlier release.

Prior to increasing the range you should assess whether it is necessary to change any firewall and/or router access lists, as failure to do so could lead to intermittently calls with no audio and/or video.

The change in behaviour is also not contained within the 8.5.0 release notes.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Christian,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We have documented this => here <= within our Knova Knowledgebase and will amend our documentation.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello.

Where do we make this change in the VE edition?

We're also receivingthis alert, but  I can't find the reference menu to change the ports..

Thanks,

Andrew

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for this feedback,

I'm having the same issue with an RMX, the thing is that the link on your reply is not valid anymore.

Can you give me a new URL for the documentation  about this alarm?

Thanks in advance, Steffen.

Armin

HP Recommended

Hello Armin,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have updated the above link.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you so much for the link update.

I've tried the corrective action by increasing the existing port range by 1024, but the alarme is still present.

B.R

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.