SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

RMX 8.7.3.46 - FS_Value Too Small

Hello,

RMX 2000 v8.7.3.46

Softblade

Our customer has a problem with the softblade:

For one of his RMX, sometimes, during a conference between Skype and Polycom, there is no participent_Content so the Skype client cannot send content.

The customer has to reboot the RMX to solve the issue.

Video and audio are ok.

In the full fault list, there is this assert warning

ASSERT:FS_value_300_is_too_small_for_MS_SVC_slides._sending_CIF_slide

ASSERT:GetEntryByEvent:_CVideoBridgeCPContent_got_invalid_event:_AFTER_STOP_CONTENT_TIMER_(207),_state:_IDLE_VB_(0)

I cannot find any FLAG about the FS_VALUE

Thank you and best regards

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Polycom Employee

Re: RMX 8.7.3.46 - FS_Value Too Small

hi Mathias,
If reboot of rmx is fixing this problem then this is possibly happening due to a software issue of the rmx or the softblade software.
1) Check if the softblade has the following virtual machine configuration :
4 vCPU, 8GB RAM, 60 GB HDD.

2) If point (1) is good then upgrade the RMX software to the latest version 8.7.4.3 and observe it . Please do read the release notes and compatibility table for this software version.

3) If the problem reoccurs after the upgrade in point (2) then you could look at logging a ticket with Polycom Support for a root cause analysis.

All the best . Let me know how it goes.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Karthik Sivaram

Please remember to "Kudo" a post that helped you and / or "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee

hi Mathias,
If reboot of rmx is fixing this problem then this is possibly happening due to a software issue of the rmx or the softblade software.
1) Check if the softblade has the following virtual machine configuration :
4 vCPU, 8GB RAM, 60 GB HDD.

2) If point (1) is good then upgrade the RMX software to the latest version 8.7.4.3 and observe it . Please do read the release notes and compatibility table for this software version.

3) If the problem reoccurs after the upgrade in point (2) then you could look at logging a ticket with Polycom Support for a root cause analysis.

All the best . Let me know how it goes.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Karthik Sivaram

Please remember to "Kudo" a post that helped you and / or "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello Karthik

Thank you for this answer, I will ask the customer to check all of this and if necessary perform an update

Thank you and best regards

Message 3 of 3