Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

RMX ISDN H.320 to SIP Call not working

MSz
Occasional Visitor

RMX ISDN H.320 to SIP Call not working

Hi,

I currently encounter the problem that an ISDN H.320 call arriving at my RMX1500 is not forwarded via SIP to the DMA. Forwarding with H.323 works well.  In the GW profile both H.323 and SIP is enabled.
I see the H.323 request arriving at the DMA, which is rejected (we want to reach a VEQ which works only for SIP), but RMX does not send a SIP Invite towards DMA and also does not disconnect the ISDN Subscriber.

DMA shows the RMX as connected with both SIP and H.323.
We tested a meeting room on RMX with a dialout to a SIP participant, this works, so it should not be a principle problem.

Any idea is welcome, where to look in the configuration. We use the RMX1500 v8.5.12 as ISDN GW to DMA only.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee

Re: RMX ISDN H.320 to SIP Call not working

hello Msz,

The RMX is working as per design for the H.320 to SIP call scenario . Perhaps if the dialing plan for the users is flexible then an alternate plan can be used by dialing the GW profile ID and then waiting for the dtmf prompts to enter the destination number.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Karthik Sivaram

Please remember to "Kudo" a post that helped you and / or "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2