Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all

I am consistantly getting the subjected error messages ('No Clock Source' and 'D channel cannot be established') on one particular RMX I have.

I have two PRI's (E1's) between a Mitel PBX and this RMX and it constantly causes me issues with the PRI basically becoming unusable, dropping existing audio conferences and not allowing new participants to join.

A reboot of the RMX resolves this problem, but it always occurs again a week or two later.

I was wondering whether anyone else is having this issue consistantly happen and, if so, whether they were able to rectify the problem?

Any help much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello jimmeh,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Utilizing the community search with the word "clock" provides the following results => here <=

The found post's are discussing a similar issue pointing to a lack of clock via ISDN.

• What RMX are you using and what Software Version is installed?
  • Are these working and are no errors reported on the Mitel end of the Link?
  • Could it be a wiring issue?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffan

Appreciate your quick reply.

I had reviewed the threads you conducted a search on, but they didn't really provide an answer to my sepcific problem.  

I do have 2 spans, so have a backup clock source, so the normal System Flag won't help me.  At the same time as the clock source losing sync, I lose the D channel, rendering the PRI useless.

To answer your questions:

• What RMX are you using and what Software Version is installed
    The problematic RMX is running 7.2.1.125
  • Are these working and are no errors reported on the Mitel end of the Link?
    The Mitel simply reports that the D-Channel is lost on E1's.  No cause is reported which does lead me to believe it's a problem on the RMX
  • Could it be a wiring issue?
    This is a very good point because I am of the understanding that the Mitel and RMX are in different floors within this building and that structured copper cabling is used to establish the E1.
    I shall request that the RMX and Mitel be co-locating with direct cabling.

Have you heard of cabling causing these sort of issues/alerts before?

In the meantime, I would be very interested to hear from other forum members as to their experences with this, if any.

Kind regards, 

James

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.