Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I have a question, when the RMX register to GK (VCS). the signaling IP is unable to call? is it working per design or it's an issue?. because some of our user didn't wont the endpoint register to the GK, they just want to dial IP signaling##Meeting room ID.

thanks

Gomi

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Gomi

I guess your issue is related to VCS configuration.

there is a possible call flow between your unregistered endpoint and RMX:

1. the endpoint sent the SETUP message to the RMX
  2. the RMX sent ARQ (admision request to VCS)
  3. RMX recieve ARJ (admision reject reason: routeCallToGatekeeper, -- call must use gatekeeper model)
  4. RMX sent FACILITY message (with VCS's IP address) to the endpoint
  5. the endpoint sent SETUP message (with RMX's meeting room number) to VCS.
  6. VCS tries to process the call, the result of this process depends on VCS configuration.

for example there are some reasons, why the a call is not established 

1. VCS can't recognize the RMX's meeting room number and rejects the call. In this case, you can try to use a dial string:IP RMX##<MCU Prefix><Meeting Room number>
  2. VCS has a transforms rule, which adds <@domain.com> to the number.
  3. VCS has a search rule, which routes your call to wrong way.
  4. VCS has some call policy, which denies your call.

take a look at VCS's logs and attempt to find a reason of your issue

1. open VCS's Call history (Status > Call > History). there is you can find information about your call, check Target aliase (is it right?), Protocol, Route, Reason, Cause fields
  2. check VCS's Search details (Status > Search details)

HP Recommended

Thanks for your comment.. I will try that option tomorrow during my onsite support. polycom support also advise that we should use Conf_ID@RMX_Signaling_IP

I will update the result later.

thanks

Gomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.