Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there

Has anybody tried to call from Lync 2013 mobile client to RMX?

Does RMX support a video call to\from Lync 2013 mobile clients (iOS, Android, WP) ?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Yes it works. You need integrate you RMX with your Lync enviroment to facilitate this. I suggest you speak with Polycom on how to go about this.

HP Recommended

We use Lync 2013 internally at Polycom, so it works. I echo what the previous poster replied and add the version of RMX matters as well. The SoftMCU (VM) of the RMX has a bug in it which blocks video for clients running Lync 2013, but the hardware RMX is good. There are some lingering Edge issues which are being currently addressed, but we hope to have this sort out soon as well.

S.

HP Recommended

Hello

Simons, are you using Linc mobile iOS or Android clients with RMX?

I've tested a video call between hardware RMX MPMx (8.1.7.37.022) and Lync 13 mobile clients (Android, iOS) and it doesn't work, but at the same time Lync desktop client works fine.

When I try to establish a call between RMX and Lync mobile client, I see the 488 Not Acceptable Here message from RMX to Lync and after that the 415 Unsupported Media Type message from Lync to RMX.

the Polycom's documentation doesn't have any mention about an interoperability between RMX and Lync 2013 mobile clients.

Regards

HP Recommended

Bazz,

I just tried it from my old iPhone running Apple iOS and Lync 2013, and it worked.

However we are just a DMA to fron our VMRs. One question I have for you, is your Lync client coming into the Lync Front End or the Lync Edge server? What network is your device using? Can you try connecting through wireless internally to see if maybe it is related to the RMX/Edge configuration?

This 488 error message usually indicates that media negotiation on the RMX failed because a Session Description Protocol (SDP) response contained a bandwidth field that the SDP did not expect. A lot of work has gone into various RMX v8.x favors and all not at the same time. I would wait until the next release of 8.x to make sure all the fixes are included in this build.

If anyone else can specifically confirm the Lync client for ndroid devices works as well, this would be helpful. Unfortunately my Google Nexus 7 device is still not officially approved for the Lync app. 😞

S.

HP Recommended

I've tried a local wireless network and the internet with the same result.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.