Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

i'm seeing something strange here.  Point to point connection from a system in Brazil (connected to the internet) to one in Europe (connected to internal network).  Quality is not 100% (seeing some % transmit loss).  Very minor artefacts and audio issues.

However, when doing the same thing to an internal RMX system in Europe (located at same site), quality degrades that much (artefacts, stuttering audio) that it's not possible to keep a videoconf.  Seeing some more % transmit loss (sometimes even 60% loss).

Now the entry point (ip address) in Europe is the same for both.  And there's no internal routing issue.  Actually the internal HDX is one firewall further down the road then the RMX.  I'm seeing the same bandwidth for both connections (512 kbps) in the VBP activity logs.

Doing tests with systems in Europe only, i cannot reproduce the issue (0% packets loss).

So i'm confused that quality is so much worse in the setup using an RMX?  Others have seen the same thing?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

you are having deployment of firewall traversal solution in your company or you have done NAT with your RMX for internet calling

Regards

Yash Pal 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.