Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

RMX dialing using IP + alias MCU removes IP...

Gunslinger27
Occasional Advisor

RMX dialing using IP + alias MCU removes IP...

Hello,

We noticed on one of our new RMX (running 8.4.1) When we dial out to a Public IP with a E.164 ALIAS in the alias field when the call gets initiated the Mcu will dial out to  IP to 0.0.0.0 and will only keep the ALIAS...  is this a known issue with this version ? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MikeB
Polycom Employee

Re: RMX dialing using IP + alias MCU removes IP...

There is a new system flag in RMX version 8.4; REMOVE_IP_IF_NUMBER_EXISTS. The flag controls the option to ignore the IP address of a participant when the conference starts and use the alternative E.164 number instead. When a device is registered to a gatekeeper you should be dialing by alias anyway rather than by IP address so this flag will force that. In your case you are dialing to an external participant who I assume is also registered to a gatekeeper since you are dialing an alias. In that case you would be dialing alias@<gatekeeper address>.

Are these calls actually failing to connect or is it the display issue you are concerned about?

Michael K. Bromley, CVE, CCENT, WCNA, VCA-DCV
Technical Lead
Infrastructure Technical Support Center
Message 2 of 5
Gunslinger27
Occasional Advisor

They would fail to connect.

Thanks for the info, I do see the flags we will check to disable it if needed.

thx this is greatly appreciated.

Message 3 of 5
SHAILESH
Frequent Advisor

What if my Polycom RMX 4000 MCU is registered on the gatekeeper with Flag REMOVE_IP_IF_NUMBER_EXISTS as "NO". Will this going to impact my internal calls.

Message 4 of 5
MikeB
Polycom Employee

There is no reason why it should and I have not heard of any instances where it was a problem. If it does cause a problem for you it is a simple enough process to just put it back the way it was.

Michael K. Bromley, CVE, CCENT, WCNA, VCA-DCV
Technical Lead
Infrastructure Technical Support Center
Message 5 of 5