Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I have a bit of a problem, I have a CMA, RMX and 11 HDX Endpoints.

Software Version of all the Infrastructure:

CMA: 6.2.2ER14

RMX: 7.8.0.246

HDX: 3.1.0

Once I create a Conference on the RMX I am not able to dial out to an HDX unit from the RMX. From what I can gather is that the call establishes, I can see the call coming in on the HDX unit, on the web brower under place a call, I can see that the Rx protocols are provided but on the Tx side, the vide protocol does not establish. I have tried to call both the E164 Alias and IP address of the HDX Endpoint.

When I call the RMX from an HDX unit the call completes correctly.If I call both the IP and E164 Alias it works.

Can someone please guide me in the right direction to resolve this issue.

Regards,

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have moved your post to the bridging section as you posted in the development section.

I would suspect a Firewall and you should gather a wireshark trace for a good call (HDX => RMX) and then a bad call (RMX => HDX) and compare both.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

As a trick: try to downgrade RMA to ver. 6.2.1. It seems that ver. 6.2.2 has too many bugs. Please note that this version is removed from support page.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

you cannot downgrade the CMA. Once you are on a version only a complete rebuild will enable you to get to a desired Software version.

I am not aware that the CMA 6.2.2 issue would cause what you are describing above.

If you raise a ticket with Polycom support we can provide a CMA 6.2.2 HotFix if you are affected by the known 6.2.2 issue.

The CMA 6.2.3 official upgrade should be released soon.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
is this issue for a particular EP or for all? Regards Yash Pal
HP Recommended

We have the same exact problem: Devices registered with the CMA are adversely affected in video conferences when the CMA (for an unknown reason) believes a maximum allowed active calls exceeds the capacity of the CMA even though there is a descrepancy between active calls actually being placed and what the CMA believes.

We've had to call Polycom several times to have the web-in, restart services: Polycom Gatekeeper, Polycom Jserver, Polycom Service Monitor, and Polycom DialRuleService.  The other method of resolving this issue is restarting the CMA and hoping the active call count goes back down to zero after the reload.

Here is what we are seeing in our logs in the CMA:

PN request disconnects

ProcessDRQ: Release 

Application is requesting all call segments to terminate.

Restarting the CMA on a daily basis, sometimes more than once just to keep things going.  We're waiting on the patch which seems to be slow at getting out.

I can't believe something like this got through testing .... Our educational facilitiy is being crippled by this issue!

HP Recommended

Hello kcavalancheman,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

If you have an issue with your CMA running 6.2.2 please contact Polycom support. The CMA 6.2.2 HF1 has been released already via support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

We FINALLY received this patch late Monday afternoon.  CMA-hotfix1_6.2.2.0-109553 patch resolved our resource issues.

HP Recommended

Is this patch available from the support site?

HP Recommended

Hello gfolens,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You will need to raise a service ticket via your Polycom reseller. The HotFix / Patch is not available for public download.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.