Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi guys!

I have a Lync 2010 deployment with RMX integration.
RMX 2000: 7.6.1.138
Lync 2010 (one FE server)

I've registered RMX on Lync (TCP 5060 without certificate) and used Meeting Room for dial-in from Lync clients.
Meeting rooms in the RMX had an available status.
That worked fine.

After few days, all Meeting rooms received an unknown presence, but calls to these MRs worked fine.
I've deleted and recreated Meeting Rooms and they has online status again.

Somebody faced a similar problem?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I have seen the same problem, must be a bug, although I have one meeting room with presence working and three that show as no presence.

HP Recommended

Yes, it looks like a bug.

What RMX software version do you have?

HP Recommended

Hello all,

do you use any DNS load balancers ?

The best and correct way forward is to raise a ticket with your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

No, I don't use DNS load balancer. Only one FE Lyns server is on site.

If I rise a ticket, the first advice will be upgrade RMX software to the newest version. RMX has 7.6.1.138 software. I can't upgrade this RMX, because RMX is part of big system. All RMXs on this system have the same software.

HP Recommended

I am having similar issues with my RMX-2000 on release 7.8.0.246, working with Lync 2013.  The SIP integration works great but then for some unknown reason I'll come in the next morning and some random sampling of virtual rooms will be disabled.

In some cases, if I make a change to the room ID (such as change it from 5555 to 55551), save it, change it back and save again, the room automagically registers and everything is happy.  If that doesn't work, then if I DELETE the room and rebuild it, it automagically starts working again.

It's as if some memory register somewhere is getting hosed and one way or the other I'm resetting the register.

And yes, I'm planning to open a support ticket with Polycom, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue, and it's not all the RMX meeting rooms at the same time.  Occasionally its just one or two, other times its all of them.

This happened on my single Lync 2010 Front End and my new Lync 2013 Front End.  Pretty annoying.  It seems like I can call into the room via Lync and then the presence starts working again.

RMX version: 7.7.0.158

I agree about support, they will recommend I upgrade to the latest firmware which (in full respect) is quite a bit more buggy than 7.7.  I've not been happy with my purchase of the RMX since I've previously owned Codian products which were rock solid 😞

Edit:  No DNS loan balancer in play here, I've only got a single front end server

HP Recommended

Hi all

I see some Known Issues in Polycom Release Notes.

1. BRIDGE 1322 When using an RMX with Lync, SIP registration on the meeting room is 

mismatched. from Using Polycom Unified Communications in Microsoft® Environments Release Notes

RMX software version is unknown.

2. BRIDGE-1012 The presence status of Meeting Rooms connected to the Microsoft Lync Server might be set to "Offline" instead of "Available" when the Lync Server is reset. RMX V7.8.0

from Polycom® RealPresence® Collaboration Server (RMX) 1500/2000/4000 Release Notes

but in my case we didn't reset Lync Server and RMX has 7.6.0.138

Regards

HP Recommended

Interesting, I hadn't tried calling into the room with Lync but that does work.  This morning when I came in I found 10 out of 12 rooms were out.  But just dialing into them restored the status.

It's a lot easier than deleting and rebuilding them!

HP Recommended

Occasionally my RMX (7.7) itself will lose registration with the Lync 2010 Server.  However the individual bridge rooms will stay registered, since they register to the Lync server independently of the RMX.

However, when the entire RMX loses registration to the Lync server, my Lync users cannot call into the RMX using ad-hoc bridge rooms (scheduled from the Polycom Outlook plugin).  The plugin just creates a random room number, and when user's call it from Lync, it should created an ad-hoc video room on the RMX.  This fails when the RMX unregisteres from the Lync front end.

The only fix is to reset the RMX.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.