Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

We are trying to implement a Polycom solution for a customer with HDX7000s, an RMX1500 and a CMA. All seem to work well (unfortunately only with dynamic provisioning, as we can't find how to get manual provisioning working). But, the one problem seems to be that we can't dial directly to the meeting rooms we create on the RMX.

The RMX is registered to the CMA with a prefix (65) and the meeting rooms are accessible from the IVR (an example room ID is 1100). But when I dial 651100 from the HDX, which also is registered on the CMA, at the same site with the RMX, can't connect. Nor can the CMAD users dial directly in.

Direct dialing with IP##Alias works, but we'd really need to have H323 aliases for the conferences (as the customer is used to this with their old Tandberg systems, that we're replacing).

Btw, CMA is v6.0 and RMX is running v7.6

Any ideas?

Emre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Couple of things I have come across to check for this.

First and foremost as said previously, the signalling IP will register to the CMA but you need to manually add the Management IP under the Network Devices.

Secondly, check under the dial plan and sites, services and ensure that your MCU prefixx is registered there, and under the signalling IP in network devices as an E.164 address.

If these are correct and still no joy then only the logs would tell.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Make sure you registered BOTH the Media card AND control port to CMA...      If you dial just the MCU prefix, do you get to the entry queue ?  If not, then there is a problem with the registeration (Gatekeep) of the RMX to CMA.

Gary M

HP Recommended

We would need to see a gatekeeper log to be able to resolve this.

Reports > gatekeeper log.

Click the Log settings button and make sure ARQ is selected. Repeat you test alias call. You can then export the ARQ log and attach it to a post in this thread.

S.

HP Recommended

@GaryMiyakawa

Thanks for the reply, I could reach the MCU directly with the registration prefix, just not the Meeting Room aliases. I'll be with the customer today and check again.

HP Recommended
@simons,
I'll check today with the customer regarding @GaryMiyakawa's suggestions. I'll get the ARQ log and post it here, if we can't solve it.

Thanks for the reply...
HP Recommended

Couple of things I have come across to check for this.

First and foremost as said previously, the signalling IP will register to the CMA but you need to manually add the Management IP under the Network Devices.

Secondly, check under the dial plan and sites, services and ensure that your MCU prefixx is registered there, and under the signalling IP in network devices as an E.164 address.

If these are correct and still no joy then only the logs would tell.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.