Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all !

I have RMX1500 v.7.6.

I have SIP server (not  Lync) and many SIP video end-points (QDX, RealPresence Mobile and others).

Can I used Meeting Room or SIP Factory or Default Entry Queues for multi-point conference ?

I did SIP Server setup in RMX IP Network Services. I made new Conference Profile SIPNEW with routing name "t1"

where 't1' account in SIP server. But if I configure new Meeting Room or Conference with Conference Profile SIPNEW I have error - Falied to connect to SIP registrar.

Please help !

May be I wrong in principle ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Take a look at the attachment.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

If easier.

Can I register Entry Queues and SIP Factories in sip-server, but sip-server not OСS or Lync server ?

HP Recommended

Alex,

Of course you can, RMX fully support REGISTER requests according to RFC 3261.

If you have problems you need to analize logs both RMX and your SIP registrar.

HP Recommended

Hi, Mike ! :-))))))

I know.

Вut where in the configuration of Meeting Room or SIP Factories I must to specify the sip account login and password ?

If login is "Routig Name" and where password ?  Only in the section "IP Network Services-Properties-Security-SIP Auth" I can see usermane and pass. And then RMX successfully registered in my SIPserver (Communigate). For example with sip account name "superrmx". And then I сonfigured new Conf Profile and I сonfigured new Meeting Room with RoutingName as sip account name "superrmx".  And then - ALL OK and I have sip meeting room ! But only ONE sip meeting room. If I try to сonfigured another Meeting Room with same Conf Profile (or another Conf Profile) and with  sip account name "superpuperrmx" - RMX writes ERROR SIP REGISTAR. Of Course !!!!!! Similarly, with SIP Factories. Perhaps there is a way to make sip-trunk with SIPserver ? Finally I want to make my RMX completely only SIP MCU. Without DMA and without  another Microsoft software. 

HP Recommended

Alex,

Please keep in mind that "Identification" and "Authentication" are different things. When you define Conference, SIP Factory, Meeting Room or Entry Queue you identify them by ID and/or Routing Name. In order to these items could be registered you need to provide SIP server with valid credentials defined in Network Service.

Hope this could help to understand the issue.

HP Recommended

Mike,
I identified several accounts (name and password) on SIP server.
I set up the address, name, port, transport of SIP server in Network Service of RMX.
No more options I can to set up in Network Service of RMX. Only address, name, port, transport type.
For example, I have SIP account name=superpuper and password=12345678.
And I want to registered Conference, SIP Factory, Meeting Room or Entry Queue with
Routing Name "superpuper". In order to these items could be registered I need to specify
account name and specify account password. Account name I'll set up in the field "Routing Name".
And what about the account password ? Where should I specify a password ? In Network Service of RMX ?
Registration on my SIP server requires authentication with name and password.

HP Recommended

Alex,

You don't need to create several accounts on SIP server, you need to set only one for all registrations generated by RMX. As the example I attached the screenshot of the REGISTER request sent from RMX to DMA (it will be the same for any SIP registrar). This shows the request to register the Meeting Room with Routing Name "MR-1006". The request is sent by user "rmx" with appropriate password defined in Network Service.

Be aware that this is the SECOND request, the first one MUST be rejected by SIP registrar with the reason 407: Authentication Required.

If this standard scenario doesn't work you need to discuss the issue with your SIP server vendor.

HP Recommended

Mike,

Where in the settings of Network Services of RMX need to specify the user name (for example "rmx") and user password ?

HP Recommended

Take a look at the attachment.

HP Recommended

Is that all ? I did so long time ago !  Take a look my third post 🙂

In this case, there is no problem. 

Mike, thank you very very  much for your understanding !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.