Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

For one of our customers we need to know how many ISDN numbers or ranges the RMX can handle. This is because their PRI  provider is only able to issue very short number ranges or even seperate numbers.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

your wish is not clear,if you need to know how many pri can configure on RMX so there is pri card on RMX which having 12 ports.

Regards

Yashpal

HP Recommended

No this is an existing configuration, so they have a PRI card installed and they have a PRI line in place, already working OK.

The PRI has already a lot of telephone numbers assigned to it. These are already assigned to virtual rooms.The number of virtual rooms is increasing rapidly so if they want to assign isdn numbers to new virtual rooms they would need extra numbers.

Their provider is only able to provide very short ranges of numbers or even only seperate individual telephone numbers, contrary to one consecutive block of numbers (what would be normal).

We NEED to know the maximum amount of numbers or number ranges which can be assigned to this one single PRI on the RMX.

Hope this helps.

Luuk

HP Recommended

Hello Luuk,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Looking at the RMX Admin Guide for version 7.2.2 on page 14-54 within the ISDN/PSTN Network Services section:

• A range must include at least two dial-in numbers.
• A range cannot exceed 1000 numbers.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen, we're getting there... almost.

Considering your mail, I think my question should be: how many ranges can be used?

This can't be found in any document I've seen until now.

Thanks

Luuk

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.