Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We need to connect several CMAD clients  to an RMX2000.  The CMADs keep negotiating G.719 for audio - which causes the sites to drop after 5 minutes.  Is there a way to force those CMAD sites to connect at using either a G.711 or G.722 protocol for audio?  On the RMX I cannot find any place to change the audio protocols - I've checked the Conference level, participant level and profile level.  All I see  are places to force the VIDEO protocol.  But I need to be able to force the AUDIO protocols.  Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Kathy, you could try playing with the audio settings on the RMX conference profile, i.e. the "audio clarity" tick box etc, but there's no way I know of to force an audio codec at the client level. You could also try playing with the bandwidth settings.

Can I ask why the use of G.719 causes the calls to drop after 5 mins?

Thanks

Andy

HP Recommended

Thanks Andy - we don't know why G.719 is making CMAD sites drop but that seems to be the common denominator. If they negotiate a G.711 or G.722 for audio they stay connected. But when they dial in,  sometimes it negotiates G.719 instead.    Someone told me we can disable G.719 in the RMX config file - but I'm not sure we want to go that route.  I don't know why RMX can't force specific audio protocols like the good old MGC does. I keep thinking I must be missing something - somewhere.

HP Recommended

If this is the case, then I think you should log with Polycom Support, they can analyse the logs and pin-point why the calls are dropping after 5 mins, if it's that re-producible it shouldn't be too difficult to crack.

Andy

HP Recommended

Thansk Andy - will do. I appreciate your advice

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.