Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

RPAD config for allowing incoming Zoom calls

Highlighted
Advisor

RPAD config for allowing incoming Zoom calls

RPAD 4.2.5, DMA 9.x - Mix of HDX and GroupSeries endpoints on the inside.

We are using Zoom Cloud Room connectors for hosting meetings while using our internal Clariti setup for endpoint management. Dialing out to Zoom generally works fine

I am hoping that we can allow for Zoom's Call Out service - essentially E164 or public facing configs on individual endpoints.

Per this document here: https://knowledgebase-iframe.polycom.com/kb/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=42775&sliceId=1&...

It appears that there isn't a broad rule for allowing incoming calls, through the RPAD to individual endpoints w/o making some exceptions and managing a whitelist.

I was wondering if anyone can give me any guidance on how I might construct an ACL rule that would allow this? I have setup an ACL variable with the Zoom IP ranges used for this service, so I am comfortable at this point allowing those IPs to hit the RPAD and route into E164 addresses on the inside, but not certain on how to allow that.

We have a series of Rules on the RPAD that allow for Registration, then access - but the incoming Zoom calls would just be transient and not registered. We have a 'whitelist' ACL var, but again - that seems to be to leg registration. Would 'registration' be comparable to just allow a call in, to another endpoint?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: RPAD config for allowing incoming Zoom calls

Been playing around with it a bit and have this setup, which I think is getting me closer.

RPAD:

Advanced Variables - variable list made up of the known Zoom addresses used for the CRC/Call Out service (published by Zoom).

Advanced Rules - Rule that matches the request.src-ip attribute to the variable made up of the Zoom addresses.

Advanced Settings - on both H323 service entries (1719, 1720) added the Zoom rule with an action to Accept.

Basic Settings - what we don't have on is the Call Policy. We have Registration Policy enabled. I feel like this should be enabled and perhaps some Custom Allow Entries? Per this doc here: https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/rpad-ag-4-2/page/rpad_admin_guide/sys_config/TOC_Configure_Basi... You have the Caller and Callee aliases but I am not sure of the format there.

DMA

Dial Plans - our default dial plan has 7 entries, the first listed is Endpoints by Alias and to Resolve that. Same for Conference Room, Service Prefix, Endpoint IP, etc. Internally, E164 dialing as well as IP dialing between the endpoints works fine.

There is a 'Guest Dial Plan' listed, but no entries so I added an Endpoints by Alias entry there, resolving to endpoint. I am assuming that incoming calls from the RPAD, from a non-registered device would be seen by the DMA as a 'guest' in the Dial Plan?

Anyone else working on anything like this.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Re: RPAD config for allowing incoming Zoom calls

Not yet but I will be in a few weeks. Looking forward to the fun!

Message 3 of 3