Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I just thought I'd drop this very important bit of information that is completely missing from any Polycom documentation - or at least that I can find... Thanks to T3 support for giving the script...

In order to get CSS 1.4 working with RealConnect - by default the DMA fails to route it Lync/Skype. You need to;

1. Create a new Dial Rule that is set to - Resolve to External SIP Peer

2. Enable the preliminary script and type in this...

// user agent header will identify the caller as a CSS.
var userAgentHeader=getHeader("User-Agent");
if ( userAgentHeader == null || !userAgentHeader.match(/CSS Lync Gateway/g) )
{
println(userAgentHeader);
return NEXT_RULE;
}

Problem fixed!

Enjoy...

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Tifosa, what was the External SIP Peer this dial rule is using? Lync Front End?

HP Recommended
Hi Joe,

Yes the SIP peer should point to the Lync front end servers you've configured in the External SIP Peers under the DMA. These are all your Lync front end servers.

Note: If you have multiple front end servers then the Lync SIP URI account you use should be one for each server and should be located on the front end pool, otherwise you'll see errors.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.