Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We've had the RealConnect solution in place and working since OCT '15 and now all of a sudden it stopped working.

From what I can see:

Dial into lync meeting ID from a codec (tried multiple)

On RMX 2000, a conference is created to match the Lync conf. ID.

In my lync client I see the RMX join, but there is no audio/video.  The RMX will drop out of the meeting after a minute or so.

RMX:

Meeting stays up at the ID of the lync meeting.  AV_MCU party tries to connect but never does and finally disconnects.  At this point the RMX disconnects from the Lync meeting.

Thoughts?  When the AV_MCU party on the RMX does not connect, what does that typically mean?

Thanks

Sean

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Did you certificates on the RMX expire?

S.

HP Recommended

No the certs were good.  Rebooting the RMX fixed the issue but its not a great solution.  We've also had issues with the content connect server which I have an active ticket open, again a reboot fixed the issue of an "expired" license.

I've been told numerous times by support that there is no way to monitor the RMX connection to Lync.  To me, thats not great and makes it difficult to really leverage the realconnect solution.  I don't want to get support tickets and use that as my alert.

Thanks

Sean

HP Recommended

can you check if DMA rules are traslating perfectly to sip peer pool ?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for the response.  Testing the dial rules in the DMA still works as expected.

My real issue with all of this is the lack of alerts.  There seems to be no proactive monitoring to catch an issue before it affects our users.

We have moved on from RealConnect due to numerous issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.